Trump fans are flocking to the social media app Parler — its CEO is begging liberals to join them

Customer1

Well, whaddyaknow, Parler is also cool with censorship. What a shock.
Don't see the issue. Those are reasonable policies. If you have the urge to name yourself that or post that kind of rubish, you're either too young or too immature for social media...

rietrot

Honorary Master
Don't see the issue. Those are reasonable policies. If you have the urge to name yourself that or post that kind of rubish, you're either too young or too immature for social media...
The user name one is probably not very clear. Hopefully the real policy is clearer.

Obscene can get subjective then we will be back at banning things people just don't like.

Customer1

The user name one is probably not very clear. Hopefully the real policy is clearer.

Obscene can get subjective then we will be back at banning things people just don't like.
The way I see it if you're not comfortable doing it in public/speakers corner, don't do it online :)

rietrot

Honorary Master
No, but I can say things like "c*m dumpster"
Most countries including the US have naming laws. You cannot call your kid cumdumpster. That will never be someone's name. So it is consistent.

Otherwise the word itself isn't banned.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Most countries including the US have naming laws. You cannot call your kid cumdumpster. That will never be someone's name. So it is consistent.

Otherwise the word itself isn't banned.
Arguing for the sake of...arguing. The owners clearly said users can pretty much use language used in the streets of New York. Yes, I can call my friend cumdumpster in the streets of NY.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Arguing for the sake of...arguing. The owners clearly said users can pretty much use language used in the streets of New York. Yes, I can call my friend cumdumpster in the streets of NY.
You may still call your friend that on their app.