Trump tests positive for Covid-19

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
More infections, super-spreader week in politics:
In addition to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen Milley, it said others in quarantine included the vice chief of staff, Army chief of staff, chief of naval operations, Air Force chief of staff, CyberCom commander, the Space Force chief, chief of the National Guard and deputy commandant of the Marine Corps.

Cius

Executive Member
Either way, the USA is gonna get the president they deserve come elections. You get what you vote for. The world just feels it a pity that the president of a single country can impact us as much as he does.

RedViking

Nord of the South
How is out orange president doing? Health good for another term of fence building?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Either way, the USA is gonna get the president they deserve come elections. You get what you vote for. The world just feels it a pity that the president of a single country can impact us as much as he does.
I agree and I don't agree. Voter manipulation and vote rigging is also real. There is careful planning going on when a leader comes into leadership. These things are planned in very detail on every level you can imagine. There is a good chance he would never have become president. Do they deserve it? Well, that is another question I guess..

Cius

Executive Member
I agree and I don't agree. Voter manipulation and vote rigging is also real. There is careful planning going on when a leader comes into leadership. These things are planned in very detail on every level you can imagine. There is a good chance he would never have become president. Do they deserve it? Well, that is another question I guess..
Agreed, elections are becoming grey, however at the end of the day millions of Americans voted for the likes of Trump or Biden or Hillary to get them into the final election during primaries. The fact that we are in our second election where neither candidate is actually all that palatable kinda scares me. Perhaps that though is also due to how smearing has escalated over the years. Perhaps a lot more candidates from the past would have looked a lot less rosy had they run against Trump.

Anyways. Little to nothing we can do about it but watch from the sidelines and hope that whomever wins we somehow don't get shafted over the next couple years. I just still find it surreal how pathetic US politics has become and that we have a man like Trump in the white house.

MiW

Expert Member
1602046952124.png

cerebus

Honorary Master
How is out orange president doing? Health good for another term of fence building?

Well he’s decreeing insane policy proposals via Twitter fiat while high on an unstable cocktail of medication, and evidencing a shockingly callous disregard for anyone but himself, all while the GOP pretend nothing is wrong so they can enact their own cruel agenda before he’s voted out. So, business as usual iow

RedViking

Nord of the South
Well he’s decreeing insane policy proposals via Twitter fiat while high on an unstable cocktail of medication, and evidencing a shockingly callous disregard for anyone but himself, all while the GOP pretend nothing is wrong so they can enact their own cruel agenda before he’s voted out. So, business as usual iow
Twitter must die.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Agreed, elections are becoming grey, however at the end of the day millions of Americans voted for the likes of Trump or Biden or Hillary to get them into the final election during primaries. The fact that we are in our second election where neither candidate is actually all that palatable kinda scares me. Perhaps that though is also due to how smearing has escalated over the years. Perhaps a lot more candidates from the past would have looked a lot less rosy had they run against Trump.

Anyways. Little to nothing we can do about it but watch from the sidelines and hope that whomever wins we somehow don't get shafted over the next couple years. I just still find it surreal how pathetic US politics has become and that we have a man like Trump in the white house.
Because it has all come down to money, not politics. It doesn't matter how beneficial your proposed polices might be, how good an orator you are, if you don't have enough money (or have not raised from lobby) to plaster your face all over NYT or WaPo, if you don't have enough money to run smear campaigns about your opponents for months on end, you're never going to make it.

That's also why it has stopped being about the positives of the nominee, but rather about digging as much dirt (and denigrating) on your opponents. The politics, news reporting and general population simply went down the drain with it.

Randhir

Honorary Master
The politics, news reporting and general population simply went down the drain with it.

You can still find excellent journalism, but when it doesn't agree with one's worldview then it becomes 'fake news'.

Not discounting the sheer vastness of the nonsense out there, of course. But pretending there aren't still real journalists is silly.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
You can still find excellent journalism, but when it doesn't agree with one's worldview then it becomes 'fake news'.

Not discounting the sheer vastness of the nonsense out there, of course. But pretending there aren't still real journalists is silly.

And if it fits a narrative, the Barr is VERY low:

https://liberalsarenuts.com/2020/09/23/breaking-biden-bribedburisma-admits-payments-to-joe/

https://liberalsarenuts.com/2020/10/06/irrefutable-evidence-that-biden-cheated-at-the-debate/

SO MUCH CRAZY added since I looked at the site yesterday...

*edit*

"He wore contacts that delivered text messages in real-time."

What!?