Trying to get fibre installed with Afrihost - now in third week, no luck

Donovan

Hi everyone... it's been a while since I have been on MyBB forums!

I'm trying to help my parents back in Joburg get signed up to get fibre internet through Afrihost. I emigrated a few years ago and thought it would be a good idea to help them upgrade from ADSL, since I am not sure when we will be able to visit in person again.

To cut a long story short - we signed up with Afrihost a few weeks ago. The modem router was delivered really quickly, and to their credit Afrihost has been fairly good in the situation - but it seems like things have stalled because of Vuma Aerial.

The fibre itself needs to be installed by Vuma Aerial. They have a problem on their system, where my parents' address firstly didn't exist (so we sent proof of address, which seemed to move things along), and then appears to also have been signed up with M-Web... which isn't possible since they have NEVER had fibre installed. Now there is some sort of 'line clearing' process which is just not happening no matter how much we push.

Despite numerous attempts via support emails, contacting Afrihost on social media and even resorting to contacting Afrihost directors on LinkedIn, we just can't seem to get any movement on this. I've also contacted Vumatel... and I'll just say, they seem to be the new Telkom. Pretty useless.

I did a search and this forum came up and it looks like there are some Afrihost reps on here - any chance one of them could send me a message privately? I'd really, really appreciate some help with this. I'm not sure what else to do?

Maybe my timing expectations are unrealistic... but surely it shouldn't take 3 weeks (and counting) plus endless nagging to get this sorted?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
I'll tag (or you could always message) @AfriNatic to help you along.

Good luck and at least now you'll get some credible feedback from a trusted Afrihost rep on the forum :)