• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Tshwane mayor hired chief of staff without required qualifications

NiTeD

Expert Member
Why? She was pushed! Why not wait for the investigation to be completed and clear your name?

thechamp

Honorary Master
This is really weak from the DA to fold so quickly on a bit of pressure from the media and ANC.
I expected Solly to have some backbone.
There was a problem, and so far they seem to be dealing with the problem pretty well. Being the last man standing was not going to help. What type of backbone were you expecting from Solly, the deny outright that there is a problem and fight it out at the courts with the ANC backbone?

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
There was a problem, and so far they seem to be dealing with the problem pretty well. Being the last man standing was not going to help. What type of backbone were you expecting from Solly, the deny outright that there is a problem and fight it out at the courts with the ANC backbone?
and wasting tax payers money on the legal fees. Rietrot, why you want to waste our money bro?

rietrot

Executive Member
and wasting tax payers money on the legal fees. Rietrot, why you want to waste our money bro?
If their was real wrongdoing the appropriate action needs to be taken. Their no way that everyone just forgot to check her qualifications. The responsible HR people also needs to go.
They're now lieing and covering up and the ANC won't drop this now. Now they are going after Solly, because folding this easily definitely suggest that there is something more.
I expected Solly to have a backbone from the start. To stand by their decision to appoint Aucamp as she was the best person for the job supposedly, that's why she got it in the first place. And just admit that someone didn't complete the stupid waiver form.

But the way they folded so easily points to Aucamp not being the best person for the job and that she was just hired because of her connections in the DA. The same way that the ANC employ their friends. In that case I'm with the opposition on this one. And if Aucamp lied about her qualifications she should be charged with fraud. Just resigning and being redeployed somewhere else in the DA like the ANC would normally do isn't enough.

Solly was apparently in the interview panel (so would have known about her lacking the qualifications).

https://web.facebook.com/udm.rsa/posts/1827785523954831?_rdc=1&_rdr
Usually qualifications don't come up in an interview. You ask more on the job type questions and mark according to that. HR is supposed to verify qualifications and arrange for psychometric testing. The final score is a combination off all inputs and HR computes it. They then make a recommendation to operations and operations decide if the top candidate in terms of the aforementioned exercise is acceptable or not.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Usually qualifications don't come up in an interview. You ask more on the job type questions and mark according to that. HR is supposed to verify qualifications and arrange for psychometric testing. The final score is a combination off all inputs and HR computes it. They then make a recommendation to operations and operations decide if the top candidate in terms of the aforementioned exercise is acceptable or not.
Don't you receive a CV when you are a panel member? I always did at every interview for which I was a panel member and am not in HR (but then I don't work in the public sector).

Don't you receive a CV when you are a panel member? I always did at every interview for which I was a panel member and am not in HR (but then I don't work in the public sector).
You receive the CV, you don't verify it. Also you would be asking questions which is pre-agreed so that every applicant is treated the same and receive the same questions. The applicants are then rated according to these questions.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You receive the CV, you don't verify it. Also you would be asking questions which is pre-agreed so that every applicant is treated the same and receive the same questions. The applicants are then rated according to these questions.
Seems kinda stupid.

I'm usually requested for the technical expertise (so when there's a legal component in the job) so I'll ask technical questions to verify the background and knowledge (because any person with three aligned neurons knows that HR suck at that) and see it usually very quickly.

But well, public sector I guess...

thechamp

Honorary Master
Seems kinda stupid.

I'm usually requested for the technical expertise (so when there's a legal component in the job) so I'll ask technical questions to verify the background and knowledge (because any person with three aligned neurons knows that HR suck at that) and see it usually very quickly.

But well, public sector I guess...
You seem to be looking at all this from a sound reasoning point of view, that is your problem. There is really no confusion here, everyone concerned knew exactly what was going on, they got caught out, end of story, the DA is just better at damage control than the ANC.

The DA came in swinging into government, remember their qualifications audit? Where they were supposedly rooting out unqualified ANC cadres? How possible would this have slipped through undetected?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You seem to be looking at all this from a sound reasoning point of view, that is your problem. There is really no confusion here, everyone concerned knew exactly what was going on, they got caught out, end of story, the DA is just better at damage control than the ANC.

The DA came in swinging into government, remember their qualifications audit? Where they were supposedly rooting out unqualified ANC cadres? How possible would this have slipped through undetected?
A plot, a poisoned dart by an ANC compromised Thswane HR officer. This must be the only possible explanation.

Or lacklustre crass incompetence as usual.

C4Cat

Executive Member
Wait, are you saying you think she lied on her CV? If she was honest (and I see no evidence she wasn't) there would be no need to verify the CV - you'd just need to look at it to see she doesn't have the required qualifications. No verification necessary.

signates

Expert Member
Wait, are you saying you think she lied on her CV? If she was honest (and I see no evidence she wasn't) there would be no need to verify the CV - you'd just need to look at it to see she doesn't have the required qualifications. No verification necessary.
Formal qualifications are not always a prerequisite especially for administrative posts in government. Normally posts are advertised with "B degree qualification" and/or x years experience.

Do you know the chairman of woollies Simon Susan has no formal qualifications.