Tuning shop that can enable burbles on a ActiveHybrid 3?

GipsyD

This thread is just food for thought, so bear with me...

I've recently thought about the idea of the BMW F30 ActiveHybrid 3 (AH3) . Now, AFAIK, the 335i and the AH3 share the same power plant, the N55 engine, which means that these two are fundamentally the same when it comes to engines and drivetrains. Now the 335i burbles like a mother with the M Performance Exhaust Back box, but the AH3 does not, even with the Performance Exhaust. At least from my reading, that is.

This raise the question, is there any tuning shop in the Durban Area that can enable the burbles on the AH3 fitted with the Performance Exhaust?

I know, I know. You're probably thinking why I'm even thinking about the ActiveHybrid 3. Main reason being the AH3 is cheaper than a full blown 335i M Sport.

R4ziel

Expert Member
So you want a hybrid to sound just like the Sport, without paying for the sport?

ubercal

Expert Member

I've recently thought about the idea of the BMW F30 ActiveHybrid 3 (AH3) . Now, AFAIK, the 335i and the AH3 share the same power plant, the N55 engine, which means that these two are fundamentally the same when it comes to engines and drivetrains. Now the 335i burbles like a mother with the M Performance Exhaust Back box, but the AH3 does not, even with the Performance Exhaust. At least from my reading, that is.

This raise the question, is there any tuning shop in the Durban Area that can enable the burbles on the AH3 fitted with the Performance Exhaust?

I know, I know. You're probably thinking why I'm even thinking about the ActiveHybrid 3. Main reason being the AH3 is cheaper than a full blown 335i M Sport.
Have you actually contacted any of the tuning shops in DBN to find out if its possible ?

GipsyD

Have you actually contacted any of the tuning shops in DBN to find out if its possible ?
Nope. Mainly because I don't know of any tuning shops in Durban, only shops in JHB and CPT. Google doesn't help me either, only showing me paint and body kit shops in Durban, hence me asking here

ubercal

Expert Member
Nope. Mainly because I don't know of any tuning shops in Durban, only shops in JHB and CPT. Google doesn't help me either, only showing me paint and body kit shops in Durban, hence me asking here
Ok a few off the top of my head but not sure if they VAG or BMW etc

stealth
ATM
revo
CPI

gamer16

Honorary Master
Depends if the ECU is remapable as its fueling settings that are responsible for that burble.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Its durban , anything and everything can be modified :cool:
That's the case everywhere, if you can edit the map on the standard ecu then happy days, although I'm sure BM will have made sure you can't. Then your next best option is a aftermarket ECU which will be expensive but will open up so many more things for you to change.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member

Howsit .. one of two options. try 1221tuning or CPI .. smaller garage is kinetic garage.:thumbsup: