TV Advice - Q60T or Q70T

Blu82

Expert Member
If you really look at it you will get 100Hz with adaptive sync capability on port 4. This is looking at the panel specification combined with that port specification.

xcaliber

Expert Member
If you really look at it you will get 100Hz with adaptive sync capability on port 4. This is looking at the panel specification combined with that port specification.
Proof?

According to rtings.com the lastest firmware

:
Update 11/18/2020: We've retested the VRR with an HDMI 2.1 source and firmware version 1403. It can now display 120fps at 4k with VRR enabled, and it also works with NVIDIA's G-SYNC.

:

Reactions: BBC

crysis

Expert Member
U8 has fake 120hz with dropped frames, poor post-processing software, no VRR, no freesynce, no HDMI2.1, no e arc.

The screen refreshes at 120hz, so internally its processing 120hz (so it can do 5:5 pull down etc). You just cant feed 120hz into it via HDMI etc. Post processing has improved with firmware updates since that review. But its also a lot cheaper than the usual stuff that guy tests. The rest of those missing features dont impact visual quality, if you dont need/use them its not an issue. Bottom line is if you want to experience HDR, you wont beat it at this price point. the Q70T can barely match it in this regard.

Blu82

Expert Member
Proof?

According to rtings.com the lastest firmware

:
Update 11/18/2020: We've retested the VRR with an HDMI 2.1 source and firmware version 1403. It can now display 120fps at 4k with VRR enabled, and it also works with NVIDIA's G-SYNC.

:
Typically your actually screen refresh rate is half the stated manufacturer refresh rate which in this case is 200Hz. So i was assuming 100Hz from that. I am pleasantly suprised if it hits the 120Hz though as I own one of these.

I am however still looking for solutions regarding my Plex issues. I can browse the files through DLNA, I can use Plex through the onboard browser but as for the application, nothing.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Typically your actually screen refresh rate is half the stated manufacturer refresh rate which in this case is 200Hz. So i was assuming 100Hz from that. I am pleasantly suprised if it hits the 120Hz though as I own one of these.

I am however still looking for solutions regarding my Plex issues. I can browse the files through DLNA, I can use Plex through the onboard browser but as for the application, nothing.
May I suggest an Ematic TV box? I can confirm it runs Plex perfectly, both on the local LAN and remote streaming.

Blu82

Expert Member
Currently running Plex on my Apple TV while debugging.

xcaliber

Expert Member
The screen refreshes at 120hz, so internally its processing 120hz (so it can do 5:5 pull down etc). You just cant feed 120hz into it via HDMI etc. Post processing has improved with firmware updates since that review. But its also a lot cheaper than the usual stuff that guy tests. The rest of those missing features dont impact visual quality, if you dont need/use them its not an issue. Bottom line is if you want to experience HDR, you wont beat it at this price point. the Q70T can barely match it in this regard.
Yeah, I recall seeing that in the show room, the U8 was brighter. Still, I would take a dimmer tv than one with motion processing problems.

Dolby

Honorary Master
yeah this years lineup of QLED's is actually a downgrade from the R of last year

I hate the way Samsung do that

II went H7000 > KU7000 > Q7F > Q70R and each TV 'lost' something in the process

The Q70R is an awesome TV and I gained in total (FALD!) - but I still lost a few things from my old TV

Reactions: BBC

ShabROIDS

Be aware that the U8Q here is not the same as the H9G in reviews and its pretty poor in comparison, not sure why Hisense had done this to us and the UK region. I've notice blooming on subtitles and movie scenes where lowering brightness or deactivating local dimming had helped but that's not whats intended, I've then gone back to my initial Q70T for next gen console support with awesome blacks, no blooming and no processing issues. The latest update is awesome!

ADRAM3L3CH

Be aware that the U8Q here is not the same as the H9G in reviews and its pretty poor in comparison, not sure why Hisense had done this to us and the UK region. I've notice blooming on subtitles and movie scenes where lowering brightness or deactivating local dimming had helped but that's not whats intended, I've then gone back to my initial Q70T for next gen console support with awesome blacks, no blooming and no processing issues. The latest update is awesome!
I was thinking of getting the 65U8Q or the 65Q60T, should I rather go with the Q60 ??
Have you updated the firmware on the U8Q ?

ShabROIDS

I was thinking of getting the 65U8Q or the 65Q60T, should I rather go with the Q60 ??

The U8Q was already at its latest firmware, I have not had any experience with the Q60T as yet. If its the Q60R (2019) model then yeah its a great buy but between the 65U8Q and 65Q60T? I'd go with the 65U8Q as the Q60T is a 60Hz panel

djbrendan

Expert Member
Rather go and see both, the Q60 was like cheaper compared to the Hisense model. I was standing there with cash ready when they moved 4 TV's in a line for me to view. The Q60T just didn't make sense at that price ( Special price )

The Q70 was more in line with the Hisense Q8600UWG and U8QF ( Same panels ) QF has the JBL Sound bar added.

Kloppers has a great deal on both the hisense models. Im madly impressed with my Hisense. This is from someone that's been buying samsungs all his life!

Last edited:

ADRAM3L3CH

Rather go and see both, the Q60 was like cheaper compared to the Hisense model. I was standing there with cash ready when they moved 4 TV's in a line for me to view. The Q60T just didn't make sense at that price ( Special price )
I have seen both side by side , the U8QF looked better than the 60T . Also the 4 year warranty made it more appealing .

djbrendan

Expert Member
I have seen both side by side , the U8QF looked better than the 60T . Also the 4 year warranty made it more appealing .
So why are you considering the Q60 :D
Sounds like you have made up your mind!

I was positive i'd walk out with the Q60, Samsung was just to mad on pricing for what it offers.

Oh and the bezel-less of the Hisense just looks great in the TV room! Had family that came for a braai, the rugby shocked them, looked amazing. Netflix as well!

The wifi is great on these as well, my router is quite far away, running on 2.4ghz network and the tv still gets 48mbps, 4K is now my new norm!

Those display they give in-store doesn't help, play youtube vid at 4K and see the real WOW factor pop in. Colors i've never seen. The blacks are so .. well black hahaha. Much detailed

Last edited:

ShabROIDS

I'd go with U8Q over the Q60T. The Q60T just ain't worth it unless it was about R10k or less right now.. Don't even get me started with those TU7000 Crystal displays from Samsung, you can probably get a Hisense B8000 Uled for less which would give better image. Hisense has superior value for money

Thor

Honorary Master
I have the Q70T, sport is absolutely kak on it.