TV Advice - Q60T or Q70T

Thor

Honorary Master
When a ball is kicked you get a headache from the jutter. That ball lags so much it remarkable they don't miss it.

Ditto for any fast pace scene, overall Samsung's 2020 TVs are horseshit.

I fell for the marketing.

Nimz

Executive Member
Meh, no issues on my side - watched the Premier League the whole weekend.

Did have an issue whereby the sound and pic didn't match but I've narrowed that down to the DSTV app for now

prOd

Expert Member
I picked up the Q70T from Makro this weekend - couldn't resist the sale. So far I'm happy, only had some hiccups with the setup process.

@Thor have you played around with the settings? I turned off everything under 'Picture Clarity settings' as it creates that weird soap opera effect that I hate. That being said I haven't watched sports yet but can't imagine it's as bad as you suggest

djbrendan

Expert Member
When a ball is kicked you get a headache from the jutter. That ball lags so much it remarkable they don't miss it.

Ditto for any fast pace scene, overall Samsung's 2020 TVs are horseshit.

I fell for the marketing.
Is this with DSTV or with the DSTV Now app ?
I find their app is rubbish streaming with fast past games. My Samsung that was replaced with the Hisense now was just as bad, new tv seems to be doing a better job, the ball is catchable now. Not for Willie Le Roux though!

crysis

Expert Member
I'd go with U8Q over the Q60T. The Q60T just ain't worth it unless it was about R10k or less right now.. Don't even get me started with those TU7000 Crystal displays from Samsung, you can probably get a Hisense B8000 Uled for less which would give better image. Hisense has superior value for money
Yeah, I returned a TU7000 Crystal display from Samsung and replaced it with the U8Q. Difference between these two TV's are huge. For R2k more you can't even compare the visual quality.

PDF_27

Is this with DSTV or with the DSTV Now app ?
I find their app is rubbish streaming with fast past games. My Samsung that was replaced with the Hisense now was just as bad, new tv seems to be doing a better job, the ball is catchable now. Not for Willie Le Roux though!
The app is terrible with fast paced games, agreed. Watching the same content on the MiBox brings a completely different experience.

PDF_27

...and just for interest sake, when I watch the Formula 1 on the DStv now app within the TV, I get the judder unfortunately... watching it on the Mibox DStv app, its near perfect, and yet when watching the F1 highlights on youtube, in 4k, its as smooth as butter... all boils down to the inputs we watching.

Nimz

Executive Member
I'm using an Apple TV 4K - DSTV app
Not noticing any "judder / jitter" however the audio is out of sync (soundbar) - only on the DSTV app

Netflix etc. there's no audio sync issue.

Anyone have a video of this judder etc so that I can see if I notice it

4 more days to return

djbrendan

Expert Member
I'm using an Apple TV 4K - DSTV app
Not noticing any "judder / jitter" however the audio is out of sync (soundbar) - only on the DSTV app

Netflix etc. there's no audio sync issue.

Anyone have a video of this judder etc so that I can see if I notice it

4 more days to return
What selection is your digital audio out. Set that to auto.

Ricardo69

Hi guy I’m looking the the Q70T and the Hisense 55U8Q. Will be using them sports and gaming any advice on these thanks

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
I'm confused. Want to mount it (Q70T) on the wall, but the holes in the back of the tv has no thread?

Is it an issue with my tv or am I missing something?

SureThing

Elaborate please?
Drill the screws into wall, with head of screw sticking out to hook into holes...i.e. if it is hooking holes. Normally it gets done with flat surface items e.g. frames, so not sure about tv.

xcaliber

Expert Member
I'm confused. Want to mount it (Q70T) on the wall, but the holes in the back of the tv has no thread?

Is it an issue with my tv or am I missing something?
It does have. Had to use longer screws than my old tv for it to fit in. Lucky I throw nothing away and had those longer set when I bought the mount 7 years ago.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
Drill the screws into wall, with head of screw sticking out to hook into holes...i.e. if it is hooking holes. Normally it gets done with flat surface items e.g. frames, so not sure about tv.

Thanks for the response, but these aren't hook holes either.

Seems the thread just starts deeper in the hole and as mentioned above I need to ensure that the screws are long enough.