TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

Swa

Honorary Master
No it can't. Because if you override the CPA, nobody can be prosecuted nor arrested. Do you ever think about what you write using critical thinking?
Do you even think about how you just make stuff up as you go along? An act only becomes invalid if it's recalled.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Do you even think about how you just make stuff up as you go along? An act only becomes invalid if it's recalled.

Ever worked with the police and judiciary like I do at present? Acts aren't recalled, they're repealed.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
answer what question?
i

No, the question about whether you would be willing to pay a car licence levy if you didn't own a car. Would you? About the fifth time I've asked this and you've ignored it all the way, tap dancing, deflecting and obfuscating.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ever worked with the police and judiciary like I do at present? Acts aren't recalled, they're repealed.
Same **** different spelling. Fact remains unless they do that it remains in force and doesn't become null and void as you claim.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Same **** different spelling. Fact remains unless they do that it remains in force and doesn't become null and void as you claim.

An act of parliament can't be enacted nor repealed except by parliament. And an act has to conform to the constitution and cannot contradict any other act before being enacted. Search rights for TV inspectors go against the constitution, the police act and the criminal procedures act.

What don't you understand about the process?

Swa

Honorary Master
An act of parliament can't be enacted nor repealed except by parliament. And an act has to conform to the constitution and cannot contradict any other act before being enacted. Search rights for TV inspectors go against the constitution, the police act and the criminal procedures act.

What don't you understand about the process?
I never said it doesn't go against the constitution, have you taken it up with the CC in the last 22 years? Because until you do it stands. It also can't go against the police act or the criminal procedures act as those are also mere acts and not constitutional clauses.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I never said it doesn't go against the constitution, have you taken it up with the CC in the last 22 years? Because until you do it stands. It also can't go against the police act or the criminal procedures act as those are also mere acts and not constitutional clauses.

The TV licence proposal is a bill, not an act. Therefore it has no standing. Do you know the difference between a bill and an act?

A bill is a proposal for an act of parliament. Once it is approved by parliament it is sent for signature to the president. Once signed it is enacted and it becomes becomes an act, is law and is in force.

There are no mere acts. They are law. And all acts are derived from the constitution. I seriously suggest you get someone to explain how the legislature works and stop wasting my time here.

You don't seem to know the difference between the constitution and acts either.

Swa

Honorary Master
The TV licence proposal is a bill, not an act. Therefore it has no standing. Do you know the difference between a bill and an act?

A bill is a proposal for an act of parliament. Once it is approved by parliament it is sent for signature to the president. Once signed it is enacted and it becomes becomes an act, is law and is in force.

There are no mere acts. They are law. And all acts are derived from the constitution. I seriously suggest you get someone to explain how the legislature works and stop wasting my time here.

You don't seem to know the difference between the constitution and acts either.
Dude, it's been a fecking act since 1999. You and a lot of others here seem to continually miss that fact. I'm not going to argue with you about acts vs the constitution. It's valid until ruled otherwise, and for the last 22 years it hasn't.

CommonSense

LOL - I just have to laugh at all the low-IQ people on this thread.

So many morons.

They cannot just enter without a warrant or the occupiers permission.

Did anyone even read my post 88? Doesn't appear to have:

(f) enter upon any land, in so far as this may be necessary, in order to exercise
a power conferred on him or her by this Act: Provided that entry may not be
gained to a residence after dark without a warrant or the occupier’s
permission. "

5 Pages on and people are still arguing about a bullshit click-bait article.

Yep. So many morons thinking they are bastions of rationality.

I intentionally stepped away from MyBB for a while and it has proven to be wonderful.
Who likes to spend time with dimwhitted folks in any case. So I will look in and giggle from time to time, but this is such a toxic place. Might just stir the pot some times to get the idiots fuming at the mouth again. smh

Oh well. NighmareRuler has joined Space Junk on my ignore list. That should shield me from a lot of stupid.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Dude, it's been a fecking act since 1999. You and a lot of others here seem to continually miss that fact. I'm not going to argue with you about acts vs the constitution. It's valid until ruled otherwise, and for the last 22 years it hasn't.

Hahahaha! You're telling me TV licence inspectors have been able to walk into your house for 22 years?

Is that why Stella wants to propose a bill to allow them do it? Because they already can? Go back to the Ivermectin thread rather.

Swa

Honorary Master
Hahahaha! You're telling me TV licence inspectors have been able to walk into your house for 22 years?

Is that why Stella wants to propose a bill to allow them do it? Because they already can? Go back to the Ivermectin thread rather.
Yes. You don't seem to get that this is the new broadcasting act that will replace the one from 1999 where they already have that power.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Yes. You don't seem to get that this is the new broadcasting act that will replace the one from 1999 where they already have that power.

So she wants to amend the powers they already have to the powers they already have? Brilliant. You and Stella.

You been to Geneva yet?