TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Get this. I am not prepared to pay for a TV licence if I don't have a TV. Just like you are not prepared to pay for a car licence if you don't have a car. The principle is the same in law and no levy will be allowed.
You are wrong. We pay tax for stuff we don`t use all the time, this is allowed by law. They have been slapping on new stealth taxes onto the levy so there really is no legal reason for them not to do this.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Great. Want to pay my car licence too then?
You miss the point. You are saying that a TV licence on the levy is illegal. You are stating that its not allowed to be taxed for a TV license if not watching tv. I say we pay tax for stuff we don`t use all the time, so a TV license is no different. You say its illegal to put this onto the levy, I say we pay for new illegal stealth taxes on the levy already.

What you and me want is completely irrelevant.

Swa

Honorary Master
You miss the point. You are saying that a TV licence on the levy is illegal. You are stating that its not allowed to be taxed for a TV license if not watching tv. I say we pay tax for stuff we don`t use all the time, so a TV license is no different. You say its illegal to put this onto the levy, I say we pay for new illegal stealth taxes on the levy already.

What you and me want is completely irrelevant.
Exactly. It's not the paying for something you don't use that's the issue as that has always happened. The question is should we have to pay directly for what we don't use or should it be taxed in another manner?

Swa

Honorary Master
Great. Want to pay my car licence too then?
We already are. Your car license doesn't cover all the damage/maintenance to the road infrastructure. Fuel levies only cover some of it. Municipalities get allocated a portion of the provincial budget which comes from national treasury to maintain local infrastructure.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Exactly. It's not the paying for something you don't use that's the issue as that has always happened. The question is should we have to pay directly for what we don't use or should it be taxed in another manner?
Agree with that, except that it`s not really a question: We will pay for what we don`t use directly, or it will be taxed in another manner.

Reactions: Swa

Swa

Honorary Master
Agree with that, except that it`s not really a question: We will pay for what we don`t use directly, or it will be taxed in another manner.
Yeah that's what I mean. Which one should it be? I'd rather have it funded through tax money. Would also make the process of buying a tv easier.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

Great, let's pay more tax in the most highly taxed country with the least taxpayers who pay twice for anything. The first time they pay the government for services that aren't provided and the next they pay private companies to provide those services which the government deems non tax deductible despite not being able to provide them.

And you're the guy in the other thread arguing for a tax revolt? Yet here you argue for more taxation?

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Great, let's pay more tax in the most highly taxed country with the least taxpayers who pay twice for anything. The first time they pay the government for services that aren't provided and the next they pay private companies to provide those services which the government deems non tax deductible despite not being able to provide them.

And you're the guy in the other thread arguing for a tax revolt? Yet here you argue for more taxation?
I am not argueing for more taxation, I don`t understand why there has not been a tax revolt yet. I am just stating that your arguments are irrelevent. We are and will pay tax for things we don`t use. They might even attach it to the household bil as a levy, legal or not, they already do this.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
No need to worry; we have have droves of self-appointed citizen-class-captains who cannot wait to enforce government regulations.

Remember the cvnts who took blurry photos of joggers and literally drove around for hours to find people going to deserted beaches?