TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

46Female

Expert Member
are they going to start inspecting every single house now for a TV licence

SilverCode

Based on the feedback from the SABC, if you are approached by people claiming to be TV licence inspectors, you should contact the police or SABC.
This is South Africa. The inspector can be 100% legit, and can be accompanied by a 100% legit Police Officer ... and they will both still rob you if you let them into your house.

Gazg

Lmao.......I wonder how we are going to keep tabs on EVERY HOUSEHOLD getting visited??

HartsockZA

TV license collectors doing their best. Was offered of my R1500 bill to pay only R750. Smells like the TV license going the Etoll route now baby

MightyQuin

Not amused...
TV license collectors doing their best. Was offered of my R1500 bill to pay only R750. Smells like the TV license going the Etoll route now baby

You were almost scammed. TV Licence inspectors haven't worked for 10 years...
Collectors...not inspector.

I also get hounded now and again as the TV license "debt", gets sold on from one schill lawyer company to the next. I just ignore them...

mjzar

That would be funny :ROFL:
Payment compliance for Etoll is like less than 20%. And they've failed in pursuing non-payment
It doesn't work.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
That would be funny :ROFL:
Payment compliance for Etoll is like less than 20%. And they've failed in pursuing non-payment
It doesn't work.

I would hazard that non payment pursuit for smaller debt in SA costs more than the debt itself. Probably why the schill lawyers keep rotating the debt by selling it on to each other.

Kawak

So TV license inspectors can infringe on constitutionally protected rights... I see, in which case they can fight with my tall fence, electric on top, and when the moment is right (stuck on fence, being zapped and tangled with wires) I will sound the alarm for armed response to deal with them with sirens while they try to tell their story.