TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

Vorastra

Executive Member
I don't know how old you are, but....
Was the old SA government then also a communist state?

When I was a kid I remember the TV license inspectors coming around regularly to check if your license were paid up.

So, if you think this is communistic and you think the old SA was better in that regard, then it means the old government pre-94 was also communists. Did you serve proudly in their armed forces then?
Did the old inspectors walk into your house without a warrant which is what I'm specifically talking about?

I don't remember TV license inspectors ever being able to do that.

rvZA

Executive Member
just cry for "I won't pay" and then you don't need to pay?

funding for SOEs is "unavoidable", it only depends on "how" to fund them.

tell me, the only two options are a) household levy or b) TV licence, which one you will choose?
(PS: no any other option)

First off, as you can see, funding SOE's is totally avoidable. It is a total Optional. If there is no money, then there is no money. Simple as that.

Secondly, if they are interested in funding for the SABC, now is the right time to set targets on the poor who has access to television without paying. There is where they need to start generating income.

rvZA

Executive Member
Did the old inspectors walk into your house without a warrant which is what I'm specifically talking about?

I don't remember TV license inspectors ever being able to do that.

He is talking s**t. He probably is lying about being a teenager that time too.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
TV Licence. User pays for their service. If I don't watch SABC, I don't pay a TV licence. Don't charge me so that some ANC peasant voter can be exposed to ANC propaganda.

so, then don't cry for someone will break your door to check your "tv lic". :p

rvZA

Executive Member

That will happen, maybe only once. Hopefully for them it will not be at an armed person's house. After that the courts will intervene and block this bad law.

So, not much concerned about this, because I know it will never be approved. It will never pass Constitutional muster, neither will any court, lower, higher, appeal or constitutional ever approve this.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

Why? Would it be OK according to you for a traffic cop break my garage door down to check my car licence?

That's the reason they need to go to a court to get a search warrant. Something you just don't seem to grasp...

DreamKing

Honorary Master
First off, as you can see, funding SOE's is totally avoidable. It is a total Optional. If there is no money, then there is no money. Simple as that.
how? tell me further.
be realistic, if you want to tell me something like, "better government", "reduce corruption", "poor people pay" etc, those are all BS. the best is "remove the anc"

Secondly, if they are interested in funding for the SABC, now is the right time to set targets on the poor who has access to television without paying. There is where they need to start generating income.

it won't happen too, the anc wants the tax payers / "white people" to pay.
black people (poor) are "privilege" to "pay nothing".

rvZA

Executive Member
Why? Would it be OK according to you for a traffic cop break my garage door down to check my car licence?

That's the reason they need to go to a court to get a search warrant. Something you just don't seem to grasp...

Precisely, there are only very limited reasons for when a even a police officer can enter and search any premises. Other than that they need to obtain search warrants.

This law will never pass any court successfully. This is typical communist ANC dreams which will be killed off the moment it hits a court.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
That will happen, maybe only once. Hopefully for them it will not be at an armed person's house. After that the courts will intervene and block this bad law.

So, not much concerned about this, because I know it will never be approved. It will never pass Constitutional muster, neither will any court, lower, higher, appeal or constitutional ever approve this.

be realistic, are you telling me the communist government will follow what the "laws" said?

rvZA

Executive Member
how? tell me further.
be realistic, if you want to tell me something like, "better government", "reduce corruption", "poor people pay" etc, those are all BS. the best is "remove the anc"

How? The people will simply not pay, as they do right now. Easy as that. Pressure up laws, and more of them will leave the country with their money and this will have a rollover effect on more SOE's.

it won't happen too, the anc wants the tax payers / "white people" to pay.
black people (poor) are "privilege" to "pay nothing".

At some point they will then have to cut even more costs at other State departments such as the military, police, education, health and more and save the SABC. Easy as that. They can choose the better solution.

DreamKing

Honorary Master

is that not they propose to change the law that the "inspector" can enter your house without a warrant?

i

rvZA

Executive Member
be realistic, are you telling me the communist government will follow what the "laws" said?

I do not care if they follow it or not. Just need a court to declare it illegal. If they still do it, will offer me the opportunity to sue the State, get a share of taxpayer money and start investing it abroad.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
How? The people will simply not pay, as they do right now. Easy as that. Pressure up laws, and more of them will leave the country with their money and this will have a rollover effect on more SOE's.
really? let see.

btw, when the tax revolt will happen? :p

At some point they will then have to cut even more costs at other State departments such as the military, police, education, health and more and save the SABC. Easy as that. They can choose the better solution.

yes...

why not cut corruption? :D :D :D

rvZA

Executive Member
really? let see.

btw, when the tax revolt will happen? :p

Yep, let's wait and see.

Most economists have not seen this. Many feared a tax revolt. It was never needed. Simply too many taxpayers already left the country and more still leaving as we speak. Not even mentioning the effects of both Covid 19 and a stupid government.

So, virtually all those taxpayers fleeing the country are the ones who paid licenses. You now have way less left in SA to be taxed to death. This will also not happen.

Tax income is falling and the ANC makes no secret of that.

yes...

why not cut corruption? :D :D :D

Whatever they do. It doesn't really matter.

Yskasmetnstoof

So, if a robber gains entry posing as a SABC cadre, can the person who is robbed sue the SABC? Seeing that the SABC made special arrangements coming close to violating right to privacy and that enabled the robber.

noxibox

Honorary Master
This provision provoked anger among South Africans, but the SABC has told MyBroadband that TV licence inspectors will not be knocking on people's doors anytime soon.
You mean amongst South Africans who didn’t realise that was already in the existing law, word for word, and had been for decades.

D tj

Expert Member
Apparently the lic. inspectors are getting a red uniform with a rainbow badge on the breast pocket, don't know about headdress.