TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

Swa

Honorary Master
Now how does that factor into my original point that TV inspectors were never allowed to just walk into your house and search...
Your point was they aren't allowed to. They are. Of course you can physically prevent them but then there's penalties.

So, according to you, TV licence inspectors have greater powers of search than a cop, who has to get a magistrates permission to search for anything other than a schedule 1 offence?
According to the law, current and new one, which makes it so moronic. Of course the police have means of physical enforcement while inspectors don't.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Ok fine, you win. You meant they can't bulldoze into your home like superman and not that they aren't legally allowed to. :rolleyes:
"TV license inspectors could not legally enter your home and search without a warrant in the old days."

meter-true.jpg

Swa

Honorary Master
"TV license inspectors could not legally enter your home and search without a warrant in the old days."

View attachment 1118084
Ah so you inadvertently confirm what I said. Both then and now they could get a warrant, OR they could just use the other option of treating you like someone with a TV but no license. It's a case of you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Ah so you inadvertently confirm what I said. Both then and now they could get a warrant, OR they could just use the other option of treating you like someone with a TV but no license. It's a case of you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
I confirm nothing that YOU said.
That's what I've been saying the entire time lol.

First you backtrack, now you pretend that it was your argument the entire time.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
I confirm nothing that YOU said.
That's what I've been saying the entire time lol.

First you backtrack, now you pretend that it was your argument the entire time.
I never said they have the ability to force their way in. I said they can legally enter. If you prevent that there are repercussions just like if you were to resist arrest from a police officer.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I never said they have the ability to force their way in.

Yes you did:

Your point was they aren't allowed to. They are. Of course you can physically prevent them but then there's penalties.

I said they can legally enter.

No they can't. Not without a police officer with a search warrant. That is the law.

If you prevent that there are repercussions just like if you were to resist arrest from a police officer.

No there aren't. A police officer must accompany anyone that has a search warrant. Nobody but a police officer can enter your home to search for a TV set or licence with a search warrant as having an unlicenced TV is not a schedule 1 offence.

I suggest you go to your local police station and discuss how difficult it actually is to get a search warrant as you have to provide evidence to the granting magistrate that the object you're searching for is in the home.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Not even a cop can enter your premises to check for a TV licence without a search warrant, day or night. It's against the constitution. No law can trump the constitution. Do you understand how this works?

you will see.

don't be naive to believe that is not going to happen.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
E-tolls. Have a look. Nobody's bothering to pay.
scrapped already?

same as TV licence, they are still charging you and that is the reason why anc wants to keep the tv lic system alive. otherwise household levy is a better option imo.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
you will see.

don't be naive to believe that is not going to happen.

I have seen. I work with (Not for) the police. We couldn't even get a search warrant for a firearm in a home because nobody had seen the firearm and there were only rumours that there was one. The magistrate requires evidence.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
scrapped already?

same as TV licence, they are still charging you and that is the reason why anc wants to keep the tv lic system alive. otherwise household levy is a better option imo.

Get this. I am not prepared to pay for a TV licence if I don't have a TV. Just like you are not prepared to pay for a car licence if you don't have a car. The principle is the same in law and no levy will be allowed.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
I have seen. I work with (Not for) the police. We couldn't even get a search warrant for a firearm in a home because nobody had seen the firearm and there were only rumours that there was one. The magistrate requires evidence.

you are keep saying that the police cannot enter to the property without a warrant, let me ask you one simple question, why last week the police could search those properties one by one in certain areas without any warrant for looking any person who might loot the shopping mall nearby?

do you understand what I want to say? anc wants to do something they are not really need to tell you that is legal or illegal, they just do it. and if you have time and money you may argue with them in court, they may lose and then take the other 5 - 10 years to "fix it". they already proved to you for so many occasions already, why you still believe the "laws" will help you?

Reactions: Swa

D tj

Expert Member
I thought a trans person was being gender assumed with the speed and voracity of this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Swa

Slegdehammer67

Day/night, Monday/Tuesdays whatever - it is my house so I can do all sorts of things inside it to stop intruders and I do NOT mean illegal safety measures like anti-personnel mines.

There is this 'weapon' called, I think, yeah Rotweiller. I have four of them VERY well trained and the last time somebody tried to break in or illegally entered the house, the two unsubs were stuck in the sitting room for 5 hrs because I was away on business. The Rotties will only attack if instructed BUT they will guard. So please come you are most welcome...BUT good fcken luck if you try to force your way in...and even if you're allowed in you WILL be watched...

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
you are keep saying that the police cannot enter to the property without a warrant, let me ask you one simple question, why last week the police could search those properties one by one in certain areas without any warrant for looking any person who might loot the shopping mall nearby?

do you understand what I want to say? anc wants to do something they are not really need to tell you that is legal or illegal, they just do it. and if you have time and money you may argue with them in court, they may lose and then take the other 5 - 10 years to "fix it". they already proved to you for so many occasions already, why you still believe the "laws" will help you?

The police could enter and search those properties because a schedule 1 offence was committed. Any police officer may enter and search a property if they have a suspicion that a schedule 1 offence was committed or is about to be committed. You, as a citizen, may effect a citizen's arrest if a schedule 1 offence was committed.

Owning a TV set without a TV licence is not a schedule 1 offence. Being in possession of a stolen TV set is a schedule 1 offence.

I suggest you go read the Criminal Procedure Act 1977 before you argue further. If your rights are violated the case will be thrown out of court.