TV Licence inspectors haven't worked in 10 years

DreamKing

Honorary Master
The police could enter and search those properties because a schedule 1 offence was committed. Any police officer may enter and search a property if they have a suspicion that a schedule 1 offence was committed or is about to be committed. You, as a citizen, may effect a citizen's arrest if a schedule 1 offence was committed.

Owning a TV set without a TV licence is not a schedule 1 offence. Being in possession of a stolen TV set is a schedule 1 offence.

I suggest you go read the Criminal Procedure Act 1977 before you argue further. If your rights are violated the case will be thrown out of court.

why not that is not? they said "yes", and you can say "no"?
told you already, they can "change" whatever they want to change. you have no power to say "no".

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Get this. I am not prepared to pay for a TV licence if I don't have a TV. Just like you are not prepared to pay for a car licence if you don't have a car. The principle is the same in law and no levy will be allowed.

I have 4 cars, I have no problem to pay car levy. :p

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
why not that is not? they said "yes", and you can say "no"?
told you already, they can "change" whatever they want to change. you have no power to say "no".

Nobody can act outside the law which is derived from the constitution. Have you read that yet? And then see how the Criminal Procedure Act is derived from that? Do you understand the legislation process? It's not a case of making arbitrary decisions.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
  • Treason.
  • Sedition.
  • Public violence.
  • Murder.
  • Culpable homicide.
  • Sexual assault, compelled sexual assault or compelled self-sexual assault as contemplated in section 5, 6 or 7 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, respectively.
  • Any sexual offence against a child or a person who is mentally disabled as contemplated in Part 2 of Chapter 3 or the whole of Chapter 4 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, respectively.
  • Trafficking in persons for sexual purposes by a person contemplated in section 71 (1) or (2) of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007.
  • Rape or compelled rape as contemplated in sections 3 and 4 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, respectively.
  • Bestiality as contemplated in section 13 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007.
  • Robbery.
  • Kidnapping.
  • Childstealing.
  • Assault, when a dangerous wound is inflicted.
  • Arson.
  • Malicious injury to property.
  • Breaking or entering any premises, whether under the common law or a statutory provision, with intent to commit an offence.
  • Theft, whether under the common law or a statutory provision.
  • Receiving stolen property knowing it to have been stolen.
  • Fraud.
  • Forgery or uttering a forged document knowing it to have been forged.
  • Offences relating to the coinage.
  • Any offence, except the offence of escaping from lawful custody in circumstances other than the circumstances referred to immediately hereunder, the punishment wherefor may be a period of imprisonment exceeding six months without the option of a fine.
  • Escaping from lawful custody, where the person concerned is in such custody in respect of any offence referred to in this Schedule or is in such custody in respect of the offence of escaping from lawful custody.
  • Offences referred to in section 4 (1) and (2) of the Prevention and Combating of Torture of Persons Act, 2013.
  • Any conspiracy, incitement or attempt to commit any offence referred to in this Schedule.

@Cosmik Debris
wooooww

after I read the above, I have no idea what kind of "offence" the police really need a warrant.
checking a tv lic, can it classify as "fraud" / "theft" / "forgery"?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
wooooww

after I read the above, I have no idea what kind of "offence" the police really need a warrant.

Go ahead and try it. See how you lose your underpants in court.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

wooooww

If you don’t have your drivers license on you, that doesn’t mean you can have your car searched.

Yes, go stand in a line and show them lol
People acting like they were born yesterday.

The Magster

Perhaps I could let the SABC have a set of my house keys? But, my two Rotties will still be out in front though. Freedom to come and go as they please? Really Stella, really?

DreamKing

Honorary Master
No they can't for a TV set you own. Same as they can't search your car if you don't have a driver's licence.

they can, they even can throw you to jail and lock you up for the whole weekend if they want.

you can sue them for illegal arrest afterward, but you are already in jail for the whole weekend.

got it?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
they can, they even can throw you to jail and lock you up for the whole weekend if they want.

you can sue them for illegal arrest afterward, but you are already in jail for the whole weekend.

got it?
There’s a difference between not having something and not having it on you.

D tj

Expert Member
Sheeez genders 3 to 49, just because some not too bright politician pronounces something illegal that does not make it law, go and have a drink or something...while you still can, another drought may be around the corner.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Still no answer:

If you had no car, would you be happy to pay a car levy?

Answer the question.

you are so funny.

tell me, R265 / year is very important for you? do you know how much you pay for rate and tax? rubbish removal? do you know how much it has increased for the past 10 years?

still no answer? I have no problem to pay R265 for a year even if I have no tv. that little money I really don't care if that can save me time and problem.