Twitter CEO Dorsey’s Account Hacked, Sends Racist Tweets

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Twitter CEO Dorsey’s Account Hacked, Sends Racist Tweets

Twitter Inc. Chief Executive Officer Jack Dorsey’s account sent out a stream of offensive tweets on Friday in what the company said was a hack.

More than 15 tweets, many containing swear words and racist comments, were posted shortly before 4 p.m. New York time. The company started deleting the tweets from Dorsey’s verified Twitter account, which has more than 4 million followers, about 20 minutes after the messages went viral.

konfab

Honorary Master
And still, you have the morons in this world who think you should be jailed for a tweet.

rietrot

Honorary Master
He should be jailed, drunk shitposting and now he wants to claim it was a "hack". Ja right.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
"Hacked"...becoming nearly as powerful and effective as the race card...

maumau

Honorary Master
Nothing comes close to the race card ever. Gender card gaining traction.

Viva

Expert Member
We're now moaning about race and gender in this thread which is about hacking/2FA? My goodness, what happened to this forum?

Daruk

Honorary Master
We're now moaning about race and gender in this thread which is about hacking/2FA? My goodness, what happened to this forum?
The story is about racist tweets. Which story are you referring to?

Viva

Expert Member
The story is about racist tweets. Which story are you referring to?
The comments above are not about racist tweets (which would make sense) but about the excuse of being hacked becoming as convenient and effective (or not) as playing the "race card" or "gender card".

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Simswop. The easiest attack vector to circumvent 2FA when a mobile number is attached to an account.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
"Hacked"...becoming nearly as powerful and effective as the race card...
The guy is a well known far left Democrat which like most tech companies in California are infected with the SJW virus so in this instance it seems somewhat plausible

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
2FA should never happen over SMS or email.
Most 2FA options allow to enable or disable the method(s) in which the TOTP or OTP is received. The issue with sim swopping is that a mobile identity can be acquired through 'normal' means. It is the mobile provider who is processing the application to issue a new SIM card which is then a third-party security breach when maliciously acted.

It seems in this case that Chuckling Squad, who claimed to be the hackers, used the old Cloudhopper service to sent Tweet via SMS where I don't believe any 2FA applies. I didn't even know it is in use anymore unless the dev app is still authorised on his Twitter account?

Maybe it was him and now they are creating scapegoats... who knows?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Most 2FA options allow to enable or disable the method(s) in which the TOTP or OTP is received. The issue with sim swopping is that a mobile identity can be acquired through 'normal' means. It is the mobile provider who is processing the application to issue a new SIM card which is then a third-party security breach when maliciously acted.

It seems in this case that Chuckling Squad, who claimed to be the hackers, used the old Cloudhopper service to sent Tweet via SMS where I don't believe any 2FA applies. I didn't even know it is in use anymore unless the dev app is still authorised on his Twitter account?

Maybe it was him and now they are creating scapegoats... who knows?
Lol... Cloudhopper... Forgot completely about that! Was the thing that made Twitter famous to start with I reckon.