Twitter erupts over sexual harassment of two women at taxi rank (Nov 13, 2020)

LOM

Honorary Master

Durban - Twitter has erupted over a video of a group of men chasing two women as a taxi rank, somewhere in South Africa.
In the video, the women are seen walking through the rank and men can be seen running after them, at one point, a man lifts up one of the women's outfits, exposing her buttocks.
In the background, other women can be heard telling the men to leave the two alone.

While many argued that the women were 'not dressed appropriately', others defended them adding that the men were the problem.

"There is nothing wrong with the outfits, the problem is the horny men who can't control their lust. Their behaviour is the very same that would make (them) rape and say "they asked for it". We can't be dictated to by men on what to wear," tweeted @gumbi_mapaseka

Another user, @_This_Is_Bee tweeted: “I don’t even know man angazi. I just feel so sad for those girls. The trauma! Being violated like that and there’s nothing they could’ve done to stop what those disgusting men were doing when are we going to be free as women? When?”

Another user said he was ashamed be a man in SA.

@Tlouu tweeted: “The fact that they are following them and making sexual moves on them. This is rape culture at its best. The audacity to pull up the other girls dress.”

skimread

Honorary Master
Why post old stories? This was posted last year here as well

6spdmanual

Expert Member

Durban - Twitter has erupted over a video of a group of men chasing two women as a taxi rank, somewhere in South Africa.
In the video, the women are seen walking through the rank and men can be seen running after them, at one point, a man lifts up one of the women's outfits, exposing her buttocks.
In the background, other women can be heard telling the men to leave the two alone.

While many argued that the women were 'not dressed appropriately', others defended them adding that the men were the problem.

"There is nothing wrong with the outfits, the problem is the horny men who can't control their lust. Their behaviour is the very same that would make (them) rape and say "they asked for it". We can't be dictated to by men on what to wear," tweeted @gumbi_mapaseka

Another user, @_This_Is_Bee tweeted: “I don’t even know man angazi. I just feel so sad for those girls. The trauma! Being violated like that and there’s nothing they could’ve done to stop what those disgusting men were doing when are we going to be free as women? When?”

Another user said he was ashamed be a man in SA.

@Tlouu tweeted: “The fact that they are following them and making sexual moves on them. This is rape culture at its best. The audacity to pull up the other girls dress.”
You know this is old news right?

saor

Honorary Master
Wtf?
That headline and old news and random callbacks to other threads.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Old news for sure...

Doesn't detract from the fact that those cretins are savages... they don't deserve to be called men or even humans.

Kodi

At least they had just enough modesty to wear something, albeit scantily.

Still. Inexcusable action by those thugs.

Reactions: LOM

twaatie

At least they had just enough modesty to wear something, albeit scantily.

Still. Inexcusable action by those thugs.
You judge them on the clothing in your first first .....that's exactly how there's A holes think .

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I wonder what the men in that clip's level of education is on the Angie Motshekga retard scale?

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
By posting irrelevant noise,any point you may have had becomes muddied. 2c

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I saw this on Reddit last November.

Is Twitter the Internet Explorer of social media?

Reactions: LOM