Twitter launches "Hide Replies" feature in the US

_TrXtR_

How is this feature "controversial"? :unsure:
This is like News24 that took away their comment section.
Now News24 can post fake and misleading news and there are no comments about it.
And now, they can limit their bad exposure on twitter as well.

This is the Nr1 way to allow scammers and fraudsters and media to do what they want and avoid having too much noise pointing out what they are doing.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Now News24 can post fake and misleading news and there are no comments about it.

This is the Nr1 way to allow scammers and fraudsters and media to do what they want and avoid having too much noise pointing out what they are doing.
If people use twatter to get their news, they deserve to get misled and scammed.

wernerdp

If the reply's are not very PC , they can hide it , and swing opinion.
Twitter is useless

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
you mean a newspaper made of paper?
Maybe even so far as that!
I don't know; people sneer at you for getting news from Twitter, sneer at you for getting news from the "MSM" and sneer at you for reading newspapers.
The only other way would be to be Paul Atreides or Leto II.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Maybe even so far as that!
I don't know; people sneer at you for getting news from Twitter, sneer at you for getting news from the "MSM" and sneer at you for reading newspapers.
The only other way would be to be Paul Atreides or Leto II.
I only played Dune II so

What?
no news is good news I guess

Swa

Honorary Master

But every other platform has it. Guess the controversial part is it won't be visible that it's hidden unless you log out, unlike deleting comments.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Oh man this will get abused. To me, this devalues what little worth twatter had worth.

I mean, now I can post about how all white males are walking human garbage and hide anyone who disagrees with me, and then say "Look! Everyone agrees that white males are indeed human garbage!"

Twatter is going to be made up of a lot of circles that never intersect. You will either end up in an extreme liberal left wing circle, or an extreme right wing circle.