Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

Twitter Inc. permanently banned U.S. President Donald Trump’s personal account for breaking its rules against glorifying violence, marking the most high-profile punishment the company has ever imposed and the end of Trump’s relationship with his favorite social media megaphone.

“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company wrote in a blog post on Friday.

crack2483

Google has removed Twitter alternative Parler from its Play Store

I believe Apple has done the same.

waylander

Expert Member
Trump is definitely wiped off Twitter completely once he's out of office... and I fully agree with Twitter not wanting to spend the money and time defending a customer that damages their rep as a private company. I'm fully for free speech but also for unfettered decisions made by private companies. Tough pill to swallow...

wbot

Expert Member
Maybe I don’t understand Twitter but how did he get 220K followers so quickly when the guy behind the account only has 16K? How did the first tweet go so viral?
Someone with tons of followers probably retweeted it initially