Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

Ginad28

Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

Twitter Inc. permanently banned U.S. President Donald Trump’s personal account for breaking its rules against glorifying violence, marking the most high-profile punishment the company has ever imposed and the end of Trump’s relationship with his favorite social media megaphone.

“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company wrote in a blog post on Friday.
Long overdue

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Google has removed Twitter alternative Parler from its Play Store

I believe Apple has done the same.
Not just yet:

CF1D037E-ECEA-4EA7-BA7D-7EA87DDD7F24.jpeg

konfab

Honorary Master

Going to be fun when they do the same with Telegram and Signal.

"in order to counter act the growing right wing movement, we are only allowing messaging platforms that share data with the US government"

Iwojima

Expert Member

It truly blows my mind that people can look at all of this and not be concerned that there is a coordinated purge being facilitated by large tech monopolies at the whim of political interest.

Whatever your views are, whoever you support. This is not great for anybody.

RedViking

Nord of the South
There is zero doubt that the decisions from Facebook, Apple and Twitter is politically and personally motivated. They are a bit of cowards in the fact that they only do it now that they are sure Biden is gonna rule and take care of them and they don't have to fear soon ex-president Donald Trump anymore. They should have blocked his lies and fake news a long time ago. Chickens. And now they must also apply it equally to all on their platform otherwise they are Hypocrites. Either way, it was necessary, but too late.

Ragnarök

There is zero doubt that the decisions from Facebook, Apple and Twitter is politically and personally motivated. They are a bit of cowards in the fact that they only do it now that they are sure Biden is gonna rule and take care of them and they don't have to fear soon ex-president Donald Trump anymore. They should have blocked his lies and fake news a long time ago. Chickens. And now they must also apply it equally to all on their platform otherwise they are Hypocrites. Either way, it was necessary, but too late.
Then they should ban CNN , BBC , NSMBC , News24 , SABC , list goes on

ajan

Can't wait until this gets to the point where negative sentiment about China is completely removed as well.

Disclaimer: China did nothing wrong, no there are no such thing as concentration camps and Hong Kong is part of mainland.

Pls don't cancel me.

Peon

Expert Member
I dont think all the Big Tech companies know what to do. This is a dynamic, fluid and highly volatile situation. Second RV's comments. They should have nipped it in the bud earlier. Then again they want to protect their own companies without unleashing another holocaust.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
They just killed their cash cow , Twitter that is

rvZA

No matter how one looks at this, I think Twitter, Facebook and the likes will soon lose their protection under Section 230. I heard on the news a comment was made that they are indeed publishers, as they decide what gets published and which publishers are removed from their accounts. It will either be the lawmakers or US courts that will soon jump into action. I do not see section 230 protection lasting too long for these companies and it will be disasterous for them.