Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

scudsucker

Executive Member
Except that the articles of impeachment - just checked out to refresh my memory - specifically refer to only the 6th of January.... :unsure:
Your memory needs refreshing, Chris. Start at line 24 of page 3.

surface

Honorary Master
Ok, I thought you'd finally be useful after all that trolling that we put up with from you.

So it looks like you leftists are upset about nothing again...
Bra. He told you to use incognito mode. Below is for Google chrome browser.

You can select from menu or press keys Ctrl and Shift and N.

Ctrl key looks like this.
1610472270320.png

Shift key
1610472296182.png

and n key like this

1610472313438.png
1610472063829.png

Can you post the evidence?
It will be breach of Ts & Cs, not allowed to post entire thing afaik. Just a snippet here & there apparently. I am not gonna read it as I am not interested.

Last edited:

Arksun

Expert Member
I just read through it. The only noteworthy part is where it claims that trump saying "fight like hell" incited the riot. So it comes down to context. In a video I've seen, he says in that same speech "peacefully", disarming that argument in its entirety. Nothing to see here.

daelm

Expert Member
Parler (an impartial politically neutral platform) became a direct competitor to twitter overnight when a conservative user exodus from twitter occurred. Less than a week later they got erased from the internet. Just saying.

Twitter user stats: 340 million users, 186 million daily active users

Google+ user stats just before being mothballed: (user base inflated by counting Gmail accounts), 6 million daily active users (without counting Youtube integration)

Parler user stats: 8 - 15 million accounts (figures vary by source), 4 million daily active

Claim: "became a direct competitor to Twitter".

Parler stance on free speech: ""We're a community town square, an open town square, with no censorship... If you can say it on the street of New York, you can say it on Parler." ~ CEO John Matze

Parler actions on free speech: "...at least some of the banned Parler users seem to have signed up for the service precisely to test the limits of the app's so-called "freedom of speech" policy." "Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours..."

Parler funding: Primarily from Robert and Rebekah Mercer (revealed in November 2020).

Other notable investments and activities by the Mercer family: Ted Cruz presidential run; Donald Trump presidential run (after the nomination was won); the Jackson Hole Summit, a conference to argue for the gold standard; principal investor in Cambridge Analytica; principal investor in Breitbart News; principal investor in Steve Bannon's films; donated time and capital to the Brexit campaign; donated the services of Cambridge Analytica to Nigel Farage for use in the Brexit campaign; created the right-wing super PAC "Make America Number One", with $15.5 million seed capital - PAC was chaired by Rebekah; introduced Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway to the Trump campaign

Claim: "an impartial politically neutral platform".

Parler timeline: launched August 2018; reached 100k users in May 2019; doubled to 200k users in June 2109, when Saudi's migrated to the platform (existing users complained that these were bots); surge of user signups in June 2020 after Twitter flagged Trump tweets as "misleading"; surge of new accounts in July 2020, mainly from Brazil; surge of user activity November 2020, in line with the election; offline January 10th 2021 after AWS cancelled their hosting for breach of TOS.

Claim: "Less than a week (after they 'became a direct competitor to Twitter') they got erased from the internet".

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
What about his buddies who spoke while he stood by and said nothing.

Take down names and kick some ass.

Trial by combat.

And what does this mean , from Trump ?

"We will stop the steal."

greg0205

Honorary Master
Alexandra Petri with the best thing on the internet today... And it's not even close.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Smith slipped quickly through the glass doors of Victory Mansions, narrowly dodging two small, very indoctrinated children who were playing a game. “Bang!” one shouted. “You’re shadow-banned, Devin!”

“Ah,” Winston’s neighbor said. “Winston! Good. We are all getting a letter together to try to discourage the advertisers of a political opinion television program with which we disagree, but you don’t have to sign it if you don’t want to. It’s a free country."

Winston suppressed a shudder. Had it really come to this?

Winston worked in the Ministry of Truth. It was one of three key ministries, other than the Ministry of Peace and the Ministry of Love. The Ministry of Truth’s employees were in charge of writing down the most negative things about Big Brother they could, by transcribing verbatim what came out of his mouth, and that seemed unfair to Winston. He had begun to keep a secret diary in which he noted that he thought Big Brother was actually pretty cool.

With some difficulty, for it is not easy for a pig to balance himself on a ladder, Snowball climbed up and set to work. The animals’ Commandments were written on the barn wall in great white letters that could be read 30 yards away. They ran thusly:

1. Whatever goes on two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes on four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. Twitter is the appropriate noise for a winged animal, and no animal shall ever be deprived it, for any reason.

Winston went to stand in front of his telescreen. It was time for the Two Minutes’ Hate, his scheduled hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness that filled him with a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledgehammer. (The Two Minutes’ Hate was something Winston attended voluntarily on his own time, and only a broken, dystopian society would have tried to make him face consequences for doing so.)

Julia smiled at Winston and loosened her red chastity sash. “We must go somewhere secret where we can express our views freely,” she said. She led him upstairs over Mr. Charrington’s shop and into a small room with a picture, an old-fashioned clock and a glass paperweight.

“Here,” she said. “My cable news show.”

The animals crowded around to see. Napoleon was forcing Snowball the traitor pig to pay the ultimate price for sabotaging the windmill. He was being ratioed.

Winston knew without looking where they had arrived. They were at the door of Room 101.

“What is in Room 101?” he wondered. But he had always known. The thing that was in Room 101 was the worst thing in the world. He opened the door and quailed in the anticipation of pain. Yes, there it was: a sign asking him to put on a mask while he shopped in a store.

Behind the metal gate, Winston could hear a faint scratching, growing louder. “You know what is about to happen,” O’Brien said, his voice infinitely patient and sad. “I will press this button and the rats will be released.”

Winston shuddered. The only thing waiting for the rats on the other side of the metal gate was his publishing contract, and the rats sounded hungry. “No!” he screamed. “Do it to Julia’s publishing contract! Not to mine; to Julia’s!”

“Goodbye, Boxer,” the animals cheered, as Boxer the Horse climbed into the van.

“Fool!” Benjamin the Donkey cried, stamping his small hooves. “Do you not see what is written on the side of that van?”

Muriel began spelling it out. “Alfred Simmons, Horse Deplatformer—”

“Get out, Boxer! Get out!” Benjamin cried. “They’re moving you to Substack!”

Boxer kicked and kicked, but his old tired legs were not strong enough.

Winston shuddered. He had finally surrendered. The Party had won its ultimate victory over him. He had been stripped of his freedom, his mind, his voice. All that he had left was his freedom, his mind, his voice, the massive subscriber base of his podcast and the ability to post on dozens of platforms. Big Brother had won.

“This is—” Winston said. He tried very hard to think of the word for what it was, but it was difficult because he had never read a book.

access

Honorary Master
I have asked about 7 people here and no one has complained about it to twitter so how do expect them to act on it?

Who are these many people doing it? Maybe they are not doing it?

Seriously, do you know for sure that twitter has received x number of complaints and they were ignored by Jack Dorsey because probably Malema bought him off using his Limpopo money ?

And from twitter globally to SAHRC locally, who do you think is controlling this entire shebang? hillary ?

...riiiiight, so now the, "satire account", is being serious.

you forget that i said i do not have a twitter account.

do you want these many peoples names or what does it matter to you. how will that help you sleep. what will you do with the information.

yes maybe they are not submitting complaints, they are just saying they are doing it but nothing is happening, just for the fun of it.

so by your reasoning then, if i submit a complaint and nobody else is because theyre lying, what will my 1 complaint be worth if they dont receive x number of complaints. you are contradicting your own bullshittery.

this so called serious question has been used many times to harass people here, just like when its used when people complain about the one sidedness of i.e. sahrc, taking it upon themselves to action something they deem worthy without receiving x number complaints.

go play in a longdrop

wbot

Expert Member
I just read through it. The only noteworthy part is where it claims that trump saying "fight like hell" incited the riot. So it comes down to context. In a video I've seen, he says in that same speech "peacefully", disarming that argument in its entirety. Nothing to see here.
It's pretty sad that people seriously, honestly believe that Trump wanted violence.

How many times has Biden said he's gonna fight like hell?

daveza

Honorary Master
It's pretty sad that people seriously, honestly believe that Trump wanted violence.

How many times has Biden said he's gonna fight like hell?

I'll go with this guy rather - seems a bit more credible.
"Today’s violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump,"

Jim Mattis, former defense secretary under Trump