Twitter permanently bans Donald Trump

buka001

Honorary Master
Read the transcript
Sooo many lies in that speech.

Interesting parts -

Crowd: (07:11)
Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!
Donald Trump: (07:11)
Thank you. I’d love to have, if those tens of thousands of people would be allowed, the military, the secret service, and we want to thank you, and the police law enforcement. Great. You’re doing a great job, but I’d love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible?

What does he want the military and police to be allowed to do?

I hope so because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election

Here he sets up Pence as the villain. The guy who will be at fault. Later he sets up the "weak Republicans" as co-villains as well.

We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s Capitol for one very, very basic and simple reason, to save our democracy.

Save it how exactly? What does he want them to do, in order to save it?

We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

He was 't with them. Left them and went home. He asks them to show congress their strength.

We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Straight up lies again for the millionth time about "lawfully slated" electors. Pity his supporters never heard the peaceful and patriotic part. I wonder why.

Then he waffles on about more lies about the election, stuff that has been thrown out in court for nearly an hour.

He ends of with this -

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.
Donald Trump: (01:13:19)
So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all.

Give them what and how? This is how he ended the speech off. March to the Capitol and give the Dem's and weak Rep's pride and boldness?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Sooo many lies in that speech.

Interesting parts -

What does he want the military and police to be allowed to do?

Here he sets up Pence as the villain. The guy who will be at fault. Later he sets up the "weak Republicans" as co-villains as well.

Save it how exactly? What does he want them to do, in order to save it?

He was 't with them. Left them and went home. He asks them to show congress their strength.

Straight up lies again for the millionth time about "lawfully slated" electors. Pity his supporters never heard the peaceful and patriotic part. I wonder why.

Then he waffles on about more lies about the election, stuff that has been thrown out in court for nearly an hour.

He ends of with this -

Give them what and how? This is how he ended the speech off. March to the Capitol and give the Dem's and weak Rep's pride and boldness?
I've just read the transcript, having listened to parts of the speech before. It must have been utterly embarrassing for the average sane Republican. Not a single grain of truth.

AtoZ

Entire speech was like listening to JZ. Lie after lie after lie. I often see posts here accusing Julius of being behind certain crimes because of what he advocates in public. If people don't see similarities, then they're hypocrites.
Cool.

Thanks mate.

Your memory needs refreshing, Chris. Start at line 24 of page 3.

I read the whole thing, thanks. The only other "prior event" referred to is the phonecall. I guess if they bring this through the "subversion of election" charge, which I assume they are claiming is a "high crime or misdemeanour" (as it certainly isn't bribery and treason is more about war and I'm not sure a disorganised mob storming Capitol Hill can be counted as a "war").

cerebus

Honorary Master
It's pretty sad that people seriously, honestly believe that Trump wanted violence.

How many times has Biden said he's gonna fight like hell?

Why didn't Trump order them to stand down when they began to storm the Capitol? Why didn't he order in the National Guard? Why did his family celebrate with Gloria while watching the violence unfolding on their screens from a safe distance? Why did it take him 2 full days to make some kind of concession and call off the mobs? More importantly who do you think you're kidding with this? The original speech is clearly blatantly an incitement for his followers to force Mike Pence to change his vote.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Completely damning.....

But as senators and House members trapped inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday begged for immediate help during the siege, they struggled to get through to the president, who — safely ensconced in the West Wing — was too busy watching fiery TV images of the crisis unfolding around them to act or even bother to hear their pleas.

“He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV,” said one close Trump adviser. “If it’s TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls. If it’s live TV, he watches it, and he was just watching it all unfold.”

Even as he did so, Trump did not move to act. And the message from those around him — that he needed to call off the angry mob he had egged on just hours earlier, or lives could be lost — was one to which he was not initially receptive.

buka001

Honorary Master
Completely damning.....

But as senators and House members trapped inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday begged for immediate help during the siege, they struggled to get through to the president, who — safely ensconced in the West Wing — was too busy watching fiery TV images of the crisis unfolding around them to act or even bother to hear their pleas.

“He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV,” said one close Trump adviser. “If it’s TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls. If it’s live TV, he watches it, and he was just watching it all unfold.”

Even as he did so, Trump did not move to act. And the message from those around him — that he needed to call off the angry mob he had egged on just hours earlier, or lives could be lost — was one to which he was not initially receptive.
The military calling it what it is.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Liz Cheney will vote to impeach.

The reason I’m posting this here is that she writes one sentence that all of you, ‘but where’s the incitement?’ folk will have to grapple with.

“None of this would have happened without the President.”

This wasn’t a grassroots movement... It wasn’t bottom-up like every other revolution.

This was the guy at the very top manipulating followers to make his ‘stolen election’ lies manifest when he’d run out of other options.

Take Donnie out of the mix and you don’t have an attempted coup at the Capitol.

Incitement of Insurrection.

It’s that simple.

wbot

Expert Member
Why didn't Trump order them to stand down when they began to storm the Capitol? Why didn't he order in the National Guard? Why did his family celebrate with Gloria while watching the violence unfolding on their screens from a safe distance? Why did it take him 2 full days to make some kind of concession and call off the mobs? More importantly who do you think you're kidding with this? The original speech is clearly blatantly an incitement for his followers to force Mike Pence to change his vote.
He called for a peaceful protest. During the riot he said they have to stop and go home because they have to have peace.

And the Gloria bit is completely false. They danced to Gloria BEFORE the speech. BEFORE he even went on stage for the first time.

Reactions: STS

wbot

Expert Member
If anything, you can say Trump was totally incompetent in the way he dealt with the whole situation and for his incompetency he shares some of the blame, but you cannot seriously believe that Trump actually wanted any violence.

RedViking

Nord of the South
but you cannot seriously believe that Trump actually wanted any violence.
There was ZERO way his actions would lead to ZERO violence. He knew exactly what he was doing and he knew exactly how it will end. There was only one way for Trump to stay in power, and it wasn't gonna be peacefully.

Shame.

abzob

Honorary Master
If anything, you can say Trump was totally incompetent in the way he dealt with the whole situation and for his incompetency he shares some of the blame, but you cannot seriously believe that Trump actually wanted any violence.

His supporters are known for being violent. He riled them up and instigated this. You can’t say for sure that he didn’t want any violence.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Good thing incompetence is a legal defence... Oh wait...

Executive Member

I say he wanted the riot, but I'm not 100% convinced that he wanted them to actually breach the capitol.

More and more evidence is coming out that is suggesting contrary to what I believe. Still not completely convinced but I'll wait too see what comes of it when all the dust settles.

Cray

Honorary Master
It's hard to know what he wanted, but he whipped his supporters into a frenzy over the previous month by alleging a stolen election and putting targets on people who didn't support him. He *may* not have wanted violence but he sure as hell should have known that his inflammatory statements made something like what happened very possible.