Twitter won't let American presidential candidates claim an early victory

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
You fully understand that the slippery slope of an Orwellian World is 1000x more dangerous than orange man.
I have no problem with media outlets saying "hold on until all the votes are counted", instead of letting someone try falsely claim victory.

Milano

Honorary Master
I have no problem with media outlets saying "hold on until all the votes are counted", instead of letting someone try falsely claim victory.
So what? If the country is that fragile that a post could collapse it then so be it. It would not be a Facebook or Twitter issue but fundamental flaws in the entire governing structure and constitution.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
So what? If the country is that fragile that a post could collapse it then so be it. It would not be a Facebook or Twitter issue but fundamental flaws in the entire governing structure and constitution.
:oops:

Obronie

For me there is just so much parralels between Trump and Malema, both speaks to their base only, incites their supporters against those who do not look like them and to act f.... crazy, not to respect institutions and try to break the system which is based on respect i.e parliament, election processes etc.

PS I noticed Trump is very troubled about Lady Gaga's position on fracking. The real snowflakes is really the rightwing in the US with their victim mentality.

Obronie

As per my previous post, Malema will not break the parliament but it is just sad that he tries to and that they get support. Just replace Malema with Trump and parliamant with election process

Milano

Honorary Master
As per my previous post, Malema will not break the parliament but it is just sad that he tries to and that they get support. Just replace Malema with Trump and parliamant with election process
I don't see a need to control and restrict social media as part of any Malema or Trump issue.

Obronie

I don't see a need to control and restrict social media as part of any Malema or Trump issue.
To avoid a repeat of an false narative before the release as per Mueller report. Social media should be restricted to avoid outside influence in US Election and made up stories by people who are not held accoutable for the truth

Milano

Honorary Master
To avoid a repeat of an false narative before the release as per Mueller report. Social media should be restricted to avoid outside influence in US Election and made up stories by people who are not held accoutable for the truth
Oh the horror. So scary. We must restrict in order to progress lol.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
They wont let either candidate claim early victory....unless its Biden.
Tbh, Biden is most likely to win due to mail in votes, so if the in-person polls show Biden winning, he's highly likely to have won the election.
And yes, I know it was a dig at twitter being pro democrat.

Executive Member

Twitter isn't a media outlet is it?

I do find it odd that twitter can make this decision, it shouldn't be it's place to play politics unless it's been regulated to do so?

Sounds like more effort than it's worth really.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Twitter isn't a media outlet is it?

I do find it odd that twitter can make this decision, it shouldn't be it's place to play politics unless it's been regulated to do so?

Sounds like more effort than it's worth really.

Its a private entity, it can do whatever it likes on it own platform until it gets whacked with a law infringement by a court.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
For me there is just so much parralels between Trump and Malema, both speaks to their base only, incites their supporters against those who do not look like them and to act f.... crazy, not to respect institutions and try to break the system which is based on respect i.e parliament, election processes etc.

PS I noticed Trump is very troubled about Lady Gaga's position on fracking. The real snowflakes is really the rightwing in the US with their victim mentality.
The racism is probably similar as with Malema/EFF, but imo the Zuma ANC is the more accurate comparison.

Cultish devotion to the dear leader, where corruption is the central tenet.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Twitter is a program that resides on a server. Servers can be unplugged.