Twitter

Denno

On Twitter you see how many "Impressions" (how many times your message has been read) there have been. How does Twitter know or see that a message has been read because you do not have to click on a message to read it? Just wondering!

saor

Honorary Master
Heard a nice quote the other day.

Twitter: Where people go to be businesses and businesses go to be people.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
My assertion:
Twitter: Where SJWs go to get random people fired, and random people go to vent their issues

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Best advice: Get rid of Twitter- its just a bowl of SJW feces served by blue bird
Nah, it's great for getting help from companies. Very often their customer service via Twitter is by far the best they provide anywhere.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Nah, it's great for getting help from companies. Very often their customer service via Twitter is by far the best they provide anywhere.
Not to be condescending but the mighty telephone is still a way and means of sorting things out.

Fox1

Expert Member
Not to be condescending but the mighty telephone is still a way and means of sorting things out.
And email but I also tend to go to Twitter first for help and assistance.

As someone with a 1000+ followers on twitter, I hardly find the social network meaningful anymore. "Trends" have suddenly become the worst part of the network.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Thanks for reply but this does not actually advise me how Twitter knows a message has been read!
The dashboard shows you "Tweet Impressions", the folk who had your tweet in their feeds... For more detail on a specific tweet, click on "View Tweet Activity"... "Impressions" are the number of folk who have specifically seen or read your tweet.

Not sure if there's a way to see if a specific user has read your tweet 'tho.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yeah, usually a bad way. Either you wait for 30+ minutes on hold or are connected to a low-level idiot who can't do anything helpful. Whereas Twitter is quick and more often than not, gets things done.

I've had companies that are really miserable to deal on via call centres or email be pleasant and punctual on Twitter, like MTN, Telkom, Dischem, Spotify etc.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Bryn gets it.

Also, since Google died away with Reader, I find twitter invaluable for news feeds from publications and sites I follow.

Last edited:

Denno

The dashboard shows you "Tweet Impressions", the folk who had your tweet in their feeds... For more detail on a specific tweet, click on "View Tweet Activity"... "Impressions" are the number of folk who have specifically seen or read your tweet.

Not sure if there's a way to see if a specific user has read your tweet 'tho.
Thanks a lot