Two suspected poachers fatally wounded in Kruger

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.sanparks.org/about/news/default.php?id=1791

Media Release: Two suspected poachers fatally wounded in Kruger
Date: 12th January 2012

In a follow-up anti-poaching operation in the eastern boundary of the Kruger National Park last night, Wednesday, 11 January 2012, Field Rangers came in contact with a group of suspected poachers.

SANParks reported that a shoot-out ensued between the Rangers and poachers. During the confrontation that happened at night two suspected poachers all from Mozambique were fatally wounded.

The follow-up operation came as a result of a gruesome discovery of eight rhino carcasses found on Tuesday, 10 January 2011.

According to SANParks GM: Media Liaison, Reynold Thakhuli a 375 rifle and other hunting equipment were discovered. He said an aerial search is being conducted this morning to determine if any rhino has been lost.

SANParks regrets the death of the suspected poacher but would like to request the public to assist the police and SANParks with any information which may lead to the arrest of more would be poachers.

Issued by:
South African National Parks (SANParks) Communications

Whoo hooo! Two more scumbags bleed out in the dust!
I hope theses were the two guys who killed the eight rhino over the weekend. :mad:

carstensdj

Expert Member
yay! How do I get on the anti poaching squad? I would like to get hold of idiots like this :mad:
Not sure if you were being serious... But it's something i wish i could go and do! I would love to go help these guys fight the poachers!

greg0205

Honorary Master
I recon we get some of those old SADF Alouette gunships up there sweeping the area and strafing anyone they see on-foot in the park (anyone who isn't a park ranger of course).

FNfal

Executive Member
Jaaa the ultimate game hunting human beings and they are normally armed to so fair is fair

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Did you know the blood of a rhino poacher can cure HIV, Aids, TB, erectile dysfunction and baldness?
Spread the word!!

ponder

Honorary Master
Romans? Oh Goodie goodie

obelix_1.jpg

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Woohoo, good job guys, I know you'll get them all next time... And remember: "Aim small, miss small"

Did you know the blood of a rhino poacher can cure HIV, Aids, TB, erectile dysfunction and baldness?
Spread the word!!

You forgot that when mixing the blood of a poacher with his grounded scrotum, you'll get longer lasting efects.

nivek

Honorary Master
san parks should offer rewards for the bodies of poachers, get some self employment going :)

nivek

Honorary Master
so many kids waste their time with meaningless paintball games, how about the real thing, poach the poacher weekends?

Rishalin

They should hang them up and leave their bodies to decay.. Or even better, track their family down and send them pieces of their body every month.. Bwahahaha

azbob

Honorary Master
Isn't it better to take them alive so that they can lead you to the syndicates?

MickeyD

RIP
Moz border fence may combat poaching

This one of those :wtf: moments when I say "Told you so".

Pretoria - Government officials were meeting on Monday to discuss the re-erection of a 150km border fence between Mozambique and South Africa.

Environmental affairs spokesperson Mandla Mathebula said SA National Parks (SANParks) and the departments of environmental affairs and public works were discussing the logistics.

The fence is to be re-erected following a surge in rhino poaching in the Kruger National Park.

"Their meeting is taking place," he said. "I am unable to give further details."

Mathebula said there was no threat to the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, which incorporated national parks in South Africa, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe.

"The transfrontier park will remain intact," he said.

"This does not change the transfrontier park.
MORE...