Tymebank

acloete123

Has all the great savings everyone looks for in a bank account. No monthly free transactions, great rewards and simple to open a bank account - no fuss

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Has all the great savings everyone looks for in a bank account. No monthly free transactions, great rewards and simple to open a bank account - no fuss
It's decent indeed, but my limit is only R20 000 because it didn't read my finger prints, and the support is not coming back with a solution for me to retry.

So flaky support.

3WA

Executive Member
It's decent indeed, but my limit is only R20 000 because it didn't read my finger prints, and the support is not coming back with a solution for me to retry.

So flaky support.
Try logging on at a kiosk with your PIN. It didn't read my fingerprints, then when I logged on with PIN, I was prompted to recapture them.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Try logging on at a kiosk with your PIN. It didn't read my fingerprints, then when I logged on with PIN, I was prompted to recapture them.
OK thanks, don't know why they cannot just put that in a mail reply.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Well I'm impressed: decided to try register for an account at a kiosk in Pick n Pay, and everything worked seamlessly.

Didn't even have to supply proof of ID or residence (I guess my fingerprints checked out), and my card printed out on the spot. Best part is it's a full Visa debit card with chip and even NFC, and my name printed on the front and CVV on the back.

Got the mobile app too ... now just need to try deposit some money into it and maybe try the 9% Goalsave function.

Best part is it's free, so hey ... well done TymeBank for the most painless onboarding I've ever experienced for anything (much less a bank account) :D

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well I'm impressed: decided to try register for an account at a kiosk in Pick n Pay, and everything worked seamlessly.

Didn't even have to supply proof of ID or residence (I guess my fingerprints checked out), and my card printed out on the spot. Best part is it's a full Visa debit card with chip and even NFC, and my name printed on the front and CVV on the back.

Got the mobile app too ... now just need to try deposit some money into it and maybe try the 9% Goalsave function.

Best part is it's free, so hey ... well done TymeBank for the most painless onboarding I've ever experienced for anything (much less a bank account) :D
If it works then it works really really well. Before they ironed out all the issues there were some horror stories. Been using them since Nov 2018 and it's been getting better day by day.

unskinnybob

Expert Member
I'm probably closing my account.

Friday afternoon around 2PM I processed a cash withdrawal via one time code at PNP in Centurion while standing at the teller. The ladies tried to assist but clearly didn’t know what to do.

After a few minutes of trying to process the withdrawal the till point reported that transaction was already processed. No receipt, no open cash drawer, no moola.

The ladies referred me to the Tyme representative in store who made some phone calls. In the end I was connected to someone at Customer care who logged a ticket that would take between 24 and 48 hours. Apparently there had been some technical error.

It has been 54 hours and not a word from TymeBank. My money has still not been returned to my account.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Friday afternoon around 2PM I processed a cash withdrawal via one time code at PNP in Centurion while standing at the teller. The ladies tried to assist but clearly didn’t know what to do.

After a few minutes of trying to process the withdrawal the till point reported that transaction was already processed. No receipt, no open cash drawer, no moola.

The ladies referred me to the Tyme representative in store who made some phone calls. In the end I was connected to someone at Customer care who logged a ticket that would take between 24 and 48 hours. Apparently there had been some technical error.

It has been 54 hours and not a word from TymeBank. My money has still not been returned to my account.
Not sure how you're expecting feedback over a weekend?

TymeBank

Hi. We're sorry for your experience. We did have a technical issue on Friday that caused some transactions to fail and for that we sincerely apologise. Our team was working hard over the weekend to identify and reverse these transactions. Please can you let us know if the amount has been reversed and if not, can you DM us with your full name and the case number you received and we'll investigate this for you. Thanks, The TymeBank Team

unskinnybob

Expert Member
Hi. We're sorry for your experience. We did have a technical issue on Friday that caused some transactions to fail and for that we sincerely apologise. Our team was working hard over the weekend to identify and reverse these transactions. Please can you let us know if the amount has been reversed and if not, can you DM us with your full name and the case number you received and we'll investigate this for you. Thanks, The TymeBank Team
DM sent at 11. 70 hours and counting.