U.S. Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.
I was busy responding to your previous post, but when I was finished and hit the post button, I was rather irritated to be faced with the "oops" (thread locked) message.
I felt cheated
You're an exception, as one of the only reasonable people who still bother posting in these threads. Most people with dissenting views and reasonable takes don't have the energy to deal with the fascist mob, which you can't blame them for.

Since my new years resolution was to not interact with the worst of humanity, I've avoided the previous echo chamber threads and any threads frequented by their TDS inhabitants. That last thread started out fine, but got flooded by the hive mind when the other Biden threads were closed, so I was going to start avoiding it too.

daelm

Expert Member
Since my new years resolution was to not interact with the worst of humanity, I've avoided the previous echo chamber threads and any threads frequented by their TDS inhabitants. That last thread started out fine, but got flooded by the hive mind when the other Biden threads were closed, so I was going to start avoiding it too.

Mmmmm... right

Last edited:

daelm

Expert Member
Of course there is going to be gushing.
Have you never come across parents who have produced a remarkably ugly child, and yet they think it's gorgeous.
If not, 2 examples :

Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper's most recent episode of Useful Idiots takes this on. Funny.

Grant

Honorary Master
You're an exception, as one of the only reasonable people who still bother posting in these threads. Most people with dissenting views and reasonable takes don't have the energy to deal with the fascist mob, which you can't blame them for.

So now, why don't you give him a chance - exactly what I advocated when Trump became president.
After a month or so ppl will be able to gain a better sense of his leadership.
A few days in, and all one will see is knee-jerk reactions.

To my end, I'm not part of team dozyjoe and cameltoe, but at the same time always found trump repugnant, even prior to "the apprentice".
So I have no political home. But I do believe in giving the incumbent a chance to prove his mettle, even though he may not be my chosen flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.