U.S. Politics

rambo919

Honorary Master
Im not making you do anything, the argument was about the scenes we witnessed at the capital. His words and the post he was responding to make that quite clear.

The idea that someone cant overthrow the president elect because its done in Trumps lame duck window is laughable and deserves all the scorn it gets.
Ignoring the fact that what you said makes no sense.....

You cannot overthrow a presedent elect.... there is nothing to overthrow.... he's just he guy next in line.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Ignoring the fact that what you said makes no sense.....

You cannot overthrow a presedent elect.... there is nothing to overthrow.... he's just he guy next in line.
You can. You don't allow him/her to take over the reigns or have him/her arrested by the military forces aligned to you.

Edit: You subvert the verification and inauguration processes

Tofu

Throwing out the people's vote would not have been legal. They were there purely to authenticate the states' vote count certificates.
Back in the days when these were delivered by messengers on horses there may have been a situation where the messenger was killed and someone tried to switch the document with a fake one.
Nowadays there is ZERO chance of the documents received by the states being fake, and objecting to the authenticity of those documents for entirely different reasons (main one being you are a conspiracy nutter who wants Trump in power) is NOT LEGAL.

I'm actually pretty surprised that no legal action has been taken against those who voted that the documents are not authentic...

I'm going to defer to your knowledge on this in the interim while I look up some more information for myself. I have to bolt though, so I'll take it up again tomorrow. that ok?

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Given that the election was marred by unprecedented brazen incidents of vote tampering "elected" does not quite carry the same weight with these people as you think it does. They saw their last chance and they took it, would never have worked but they were too angry to care.
I see it as an election marred by the spread of a multitude of conspiracy theories. The purpose of which was to cast doubt in the election results, while at the same time riling the support base of mostly fringe loonies into action.

rambo919

Honorary Master
You can. You don't allow him/her to take over the reigns or have him/her arrested by the military forces aligned to you.

Edit: You subvert the verification and inauguration processes
That's not the same as overthrowing someone.... that's preventing them from ascending entirely..... completely different.

I see it as an election marred by the spread of a multitude of conspiracy theories. The purpose of which was to cast doubt in the election results, while at the same time riling the support base of mostly fringe loonies into action.
And that means that no unprecedented irregularities occurred at all? Really? That's nice....

crysis

Expert Member
Seriously Chris? Quite baffling you would post such nonsense actually, so she is more dangerous than the politician that literally called for the execution of her colleagues. You do yourself no favors.
I'm pretty sure no one takes The_Right_Honourable_Twit seriously :ROFL:

cerebus

Honorary Master
That's not the same as overthrowing someone.... that's preventing them from ascending entirely..... completely different.

That's what happened in Myanmar a couple of days ago in their military coup

The military has once more taken over the country, declaring a year-long state of emergency.
It seized control following a general election which Ms Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy (NLD) party won by a landslide.
The armed forces had backed the opposition, who were demanding a re-run of the vote, claiming widespread fraud.
The election commission said there was no evidence to support these claims.

The coup was staged as a new session of parliament was set to open.

Any of this sound familiar to you?

konfab

Honorary Master
The thing that takes it from a mere insurrection to a coup was the complicity and coordination of the executive office. Trump led and incited it, Trump cheered it on, and Trump deliberately held off ordering the deployment of Federal troops when it became clear that the situation was way out of control and the police forces on the ground were overwhelmed.
First coup I have ever heard of where the president is complicit for not sending in the military, which is directly under his control, to take control of the legislature.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

cerebus

Honorary Master
First coup I have ever heard of where the president is complicit for not sending in the military, which is directly under his control, to take control of the legislature.

You mean, by not taking any kind of action to stop the unfolding attempted coup? By all accounts he was having a great time.

Nereus77

The military doesn't like him that much :X3:

(This was way before The Capitol incident, btw)

konfab

Honorary Master
You mean, by not taking any kind of action to stop the unfolding attempted coup? By all accounts he was having a great time.

Well the military in Myanmar wasn't doing a coup, they just seized control of the legislature to prevent an unfolding coup attempt. You know, to follow your line of reasoning.

Nereus77

Indeed, after listening to her rather unhinged Instagram rant, I quite agree.
Its because she streams Among Us while encouraging people to register to vote....

No wait, its because she's ranked silver on League of Legends Solo/Duo.

Or is it because she's a Latina bartender from the Bronx with a bee in her bonnet to fix the system so that the poor aren't completely trodden on in the name of Capitalism?

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Its because she streams Among Us while encouraging people to register to vote....

No wait, its because she's ranked silver on League of Legends Solo/Duo.

Or is it because she's a Latina bartender from the Bronx with a bee in her bonnet to fix the system so that the poor aren't completely trodden on in the name of Capitalism?

She wants medicare for all, super serial dangerous, the most dangerous.