U.S. Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrasect

Expert Member

10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump. The backlash has been swift.​

It’s been less than two weeks since Reps. Peter Meijer, Tom Rice and Liz Cheney broke with nearly all of their Republican colleagues in the House and voted to impeach President Donald Trump, but in their home states, the backlash is already growing.

The 10 House Republicans who voted for impeachment are already facing a fleet of primary challengers, censures and other rebukes from their hometown Republican Party organizations, an indication that the battle over Trump will play a defining role in shaping the direction of the party during the next two years.

“Trump might be gone, but Trumpism is virtually guaranteed to be a part of the 2022 elections,” said Ken Spain, a former senior official at the National Republican Congressional Committee. “The tectonic plates have shifted within the GOP, and now members are trying to figure out how to straddle the fault lines.”

Nearly all of the House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump have either already been formally censured by local branches of the GOP, face upcoming censure votes or have been publicly scolded by local party leaders. Efforts across the country to punish these lawmakers offer vivid illustrations of the divisions cleaving a party that has been shut out of power.

daelm

Expert Member

10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump. The backlash has been swift.​

It’s been less than two weeks since Reps. Peter Meijer, Tom Rice and Liz Cheney broke with nearly all of their Republican colleagues in the House and voted to impeach President Donald Trump, but in their home states, the backlash is already growing.

The 10 House Republicans who voted for impeachment are already facing a fleet of primary challengers, censures and other rebukes from their hometown Republican Party organizations, an indication that the battle over Trump will play a defining role in shaping the direction of the party during the next two years.

“Trump might be gone, but Trumpism is virtually guaranteed to be a part of the 2022 elections,” said Ken Spain, a former senior official at the National Republican Congressional Committee. “The tectonic plates have shifted within the GOP, and now members are trying to figure out how to straddle the fault lines.”

Nearly all of the House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump have either already been formally censured by local branches of the GOP, face upcoming censure votes or have been publicly scolded by local party leaders. Efforts across the country to punish these lawmakers offer vivid illustrations of the divisions cleaving a party that has been shut out of power.

Party of free speech. Yep.

So now, why don't you give him a chance - exactly what I advocated when Trump became president.
After a month or so ppl will be able to gain a better sense of his leadership.
A few days in, and all one will see is knee-jerk reactions.

To my end, I'm not part of team dozyjoe and cameltoe, but at the same time always found trump repugnant, even prior to "the apprentice".
So I have no political home. But I do believe in giving the incumbent a chance to prove his mettle, even though he may not be my chosen flavor
There are so many reasons why Biden doesn't deserve a chance. It's really mind-blowing that people have been conditioned to believe otherwise. I would be here all night if I were to cover most of the reasoning behind my position, but I'll try to at least give you some idea of where I stand.

Contrary to what the hive mind would have you believe, I am actually pragmatic, and don't strongly identify with any ideology. I don't support people or parties, I support good values, promising policies and observable outcomes. I don't get easily offended, and will always value honesty and openness over being nice and not hurting other peoples feelings. That's why I am very much against fascist woke culture, as I value free speech, and have seen how much harm illogical wokeness has done to society.

Biden stealing the election with widespread fraud should be enough on it's own, and contrary to the common narrative, there actually is overwhelming evidence of that. It simply has yet to be evaluated by anyone who is willing and able to actually do anything about the situation.

Even without considering fraud, it couldn't be more clear that the only reason he has any support at all, is because of the crazy level of psychological manipulation that has been conducted by the Democrats, media and big tech. They have made him appear to be a viable candidate and hidden all of his flaws, while also completely destroying the image of his opponent in the eyes of all those who trust the media and can't see through their deception.

It just shows how much control those who are in power have over the average person, who is isolated from the real world by big tech censorship and manipulation, and brainwashed into believing so much that doesn't align with reality, using dishonest narratives pushed by media. I broke the hold that the media had on me years ago, and can see right through all of their lies, propaganda and censorship. I simply know far too much at this point to be fooled.

I've been involved in analysis of censorship and manipulation of social media as a part of my job, so I know just how bad things have gotten on all popular social media networks and even Google.

All mainstream media has an incredible left-wing bias to any objective observer. They also have zero credibility, because there are so many examples where they have cherry picked statistics, used out of context quotes and clips, spun narratives to further their agenda, and suppressed inconvenient stories. They fabricate completely false stories with "anonymous sources" daily, to push their left-wing agendas and also to "debunk" anything inconvenient. Honest journalism is long dead. There are no reporters... Only advocates and activists. There is no research or investigation... Only assumptions, opinions and fabrications. There is no objectivity or integrity... Everything has an angle, and there's no line they won't cross.

As far as politics goes, Biden has proven over his 48 year long political career that he is totally incompetent, and one of the worst possible candidates. He was seemingly chosen by the Democrats because he does not come across as a threat. He is also disposable, so he can be replaced by Kamala, who is one of the least popular candidates of all time and would never have had any chance of becoming the president even with everything stacked in her favor.

Almost all the policies of the left are extremely destructive and do an incredible amount of harm, and very little good if any at all. Their policies are based on ideas and feeling, which are not rooted in real science and objective reality. That's why almost everything they do results in outcomes which are the opposite of their proposed intentions. Most leftists aren't terrible people for supporting misguided policies, they just base their decisions on feelings, are extremely misinformed and defer to biased "experts" who don't have their best interests in mind.

You don't need to like Trump's personality, to agree that his policies and outcomes have been objectively better than any other recent president. At least that would be the case if you actually had all the facts and were not fed propaganda for years. Unfortunately there are so many people who have been gas-lit into believing countless things about him that are not accurate, and each lie builds on the next, making it seem more credible. He has been attacked and discredited for so many things which are not only completely overblown, but often should not even be relevant when it comes to assessing a president and their administration. At the same time, most of the good things he actually has accomplished have been downplayed, suppressed or twisted to make him look so much worse than he could ever be.

If you can entertain the possibility that any of this is true, then it becomes much easier to comprehend why Trump has such massive support. It should certainly be more believable than half of America being violent white supremacist nazis, which is what the left would like you to believe.

This video is worth watching if you haven't seen it, as it will give you some perspective on what the average "Trump supporter" is really like. This law professor, who is not a registered Republician and was once a never-Trumper, represents most good people who have not been indoctrinated by the woke left.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Contrary to what the hive mind would have you believe, I am actually pragmatic, and don't strongly identify with any ideology.
This is a lie.
I don't support people or parties, I support good values, promising policies and observable outcomes.
This is a lie.
I don't get easily offended,
This is a lie.
Biden stealing the election
This is a lie.
Even without considering fraud, it couldn't be more clear that the only reason he has any support at all, is because of the crazy level of psychological manipulation that has been conducted by the Democrats, media and big tech.
This is a lie.
I broke the hold that the media had on me years ago,
This is a lie.
I simply know far too much at this point to be fooled.
Here, you are only lying to yourself.
I've been involved in analysis of censorship and manipulation of social media as a part of my job,
This is a lie.
All mainstream media has an incredible left-wing bias
This is a lie.
As far as politics goes, Biden has proven over his 48 year long political career that he is totally incompetent, and one of the worst possible candidates.
This is a lie.
Almost all the policies of the left are extremely destructive and do an incredible amount of harm, and very little good if any at all. Their policies are based on ideas and feeling, which are not rooted in real science and objective reality.
This is a lie.
You don't need to like Trump's personality, to agree that his policies and outcomes have been objectively better than any other recent president.
This is a lie.

Prove me wrong, DavidQman. With real evidence.

greg0205

Honorary Master
There are so many reasons why Biden doesn't deserve a chance. It's really mind-blowing that people have been conditioned to believe otherwise. I would be here all night if I were to cover most of the reasoning behind my position, but I'll try to at least give you some idea of where I stand.
Good. Let's GOOOOOOOOO!

Contrary to what the hive mind would have you believe, I am actually pragmatic, and don't strongly identify with any ideology. I don't support people or parties, I support good values, promising policies and observable outcomes. I don't get easily offended, and will always value honesty and openness over being nice and not hurting other peoples feelings. That's why I am very much against fascist woke culture, as I value free speech, and have seen how much harm illogical wokeness has done to society.
No, you're not pragmatic at all, Dave. You fallen for a cult of personality *and* an actual cult. A twofer.

You've been hinting at outcomes you alone were privy to for months now. None have materialised. You've doubled down nevertheless. Nostradamus you ain't.

"Easily offended", "honesty", "openness"? These words have no meaning to you, Dave. You have half the forum on ignore because your values and policies are so fragile they can't weather the slightest scrutiny. If you believed they could, you'd be willing to defend them. You aren't.

Putting folk on ignore is the opposite of free speech, Dave. Advocating for it while you have folk on ignore makes you look like a clown... And you are a clown, Dave.

Biden stealing the election with widespread fraud should be enough on it's own, and contrary to the common narrative, there actually is overwhelming evidence of that. It simply has yet to be evaluated by anyone who is willing and able to actually do anything about the situation.
Here's ya boi, Madison making that argument, Dave. It does not go well.

There were three cases of fraud, Dave. All in PA and all votes for Donnie.

64-1, Dave.

Even without considering fraud, it couldn't be more clear that the only reason he has any support at all, is because of the crazy level of psychological manipulation that has been conducted by the Democrats, media and big tech. They have made him appear to be a viable candidate and hidden all of his flaws, while also completely destroying the image of his opponent in the eyes of all those who trust the media and can't see through their deception.
Folks voted *against* Donnie, Dave. They voted for normalcy... Joe's been in public life since 1973. He won seven terms as Senator and he was VP for eight years. Folks know exactly who he is and exactly what they'll be getting, Dave. Exactly.

It just shows how much control those who are in power have over the average person, who is isolated from the real world by big tech censorship and manipulation, and brainwashed into believing so much that doesn't align with reality, using dishonest narratives pushed by media. I broke the hold that the media had on me years ago, and can see right through all of their lies, propaganda and censorship. I simply know far too much at this point to be fooled.
Tell me more about the Republican fear and outrage machine that is known as Fox News, Dave. Republicans and Fox have turned the conservative brain into Custard. You go to polls voting for policy that actually harms you, but "muh radical Liberals", amirite?

Also

4v24ro.jpg

All mainstream media has an incredible left-wing bias to any objective observer. They also have zero credibility, because there are so many examples where they have cherry picked statistics, used out of context quotes and clips, spun narratives to further their agenda, and suppressed inconvenient stories. They fabricate completely false stories with "anonymous sources" daily, to push their left-wing agendas and also to "debunk" anything inconvenient. Honest journalism is long dead. There are no reporters... Only advocates and activists. There is no research or investigation... Only assumptions, opinions and fabrications. There is no objectivity or integrity... Everything has an angle, and there's no line they won't cross.
Perhaps if we had more advocates, we wouldn't have the both-siderism that will lead to the downfall of civilisation. Both-siderism creates an equivalence between conservative lies and objective reality.

Burn it with fire.

As far as politics goes, Biden has proven over his 48 year long political career that he is totally incompetent, and one of the worst possible candidates. He was seemingly chosen by the Democrats because he does not come across as a threat. He is also disposable, so he can be replaced by Kamala, who is one of the least popular candidates of all time and would never have had any chance of becoming the president even with everything stacked in her favor.
How'd the 20th work out for you, Dave? I repeat, Nostradamus you ain't.

Almost all the policies of the left are extremely destructive and do an incredible amount of harm, and very little good if any at all. Their policies are based on ideas and feeling, which are not rooted in real science and objective reality. That's why almost everything they do results in outcomes which are the opposite of their proposed intentions. Most leftists aren't terrible people for supporting misguided policies, they just base their decisions on feelings, are extremely misinformed and defer to biased "experts" who don't have their best interests in mind.
Sure, like women voting, civil rights, social security and healthcare. Remember when I said. "you go to polls voting for policy that actually harms you, but "muh radical Liberals", Dave? This is what I was talking about.

You don't need to like Trump's personality, to agree that his policies and outcomes have been objectively better than any other recent president. At least that would be the case if you actually had all the facts and were not fed propaganda for years. Unfortunately there are so many people who have been gas-lit into believing countless things about him that are not accurate, and each lie builds on the next, making it seem more credible. He has been attacked and discredited for so many things which are not only completely overblown, but often should not even be relevant when it comes to assessing a president and their administration. At the same time, most of the good things he actually has accomplished have been downplayed, suppressed or twisted to make him look so much worse than he could ever be.
Which ones, Dave? Tax breaks for billionaires? Banning Muslims? Separating kids from their parents? Kicking trans folks out of the military? Withdrawing from a climate accord? Ignoring a pandemic? Sedition?

Be specific.

Show your work.

If you can entertain the possibility that any of this is true, then it becomes much easier to comprehend why Trump has such massive support. It should certainly be more believable than half of America being violent white supremacist nazis, which is what the left would like you to believe.
He lost the popular vote... TWICE. He lost to Hillary by 2 868 686 votes, and he lost to Joe by 7 052 035 votes.

He never achieved a 50% approval rating once in his four years.

You have a weird definition of "majority", Dave.

And it's not half of America, esteemed Data Scientist David Freeman... There are 328,2 million Americans and 74,2 million voted for Donnie... I'll admit I'm no scientist, but that sure looks a lot like 22,6% to me.

Be a pal and check my math, Dave.

This video is worth watching if you haven't seen it, as it will give you some perspective on what the average "Trump supporter" is really like. This law professor, who is not a registered Republician and was once a never-Trumper, represents most good people who have not been indoctrinated by the woke left.
Doubt it, so no, Dave.

Make you own case. That's the purpose of this forum.

Last edited:

Mekon

Expert Member
This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

Here, you are only lying to yourself.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

Prove me wrong, DavidQman. With real evidence.
Prove yourself right with real evidence, and not because CNN said so. (see what I did there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.