U.S. Politics

greg0205

Honorary Master
So a friend found this in a Rage Against the Machine video from 1999:
View attachment 1025482
Tom Morello FTW:

Prawnapple

Expert Member
It's almost surprising that trump didn't mention this video appearance in his letter to SAG-AFTRA
Adds to the suggestion that he's been stewing in presidential aspirations for ages. Now it's all ended in tears for him. That's gotta hurt.
Indeed!
1614090451057.png

greg0205

Honorary Master
Joe Manchin is a premium POS.

Manchin voted to confirm Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the Third, William Pelham Barr, Mike Pompeo, Rick Grenell and Brett Kavanaugh, but has a problem with Neera Tanden and Deb Haaland.

Dems need to find an excellent WV candidate to primary his ass.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
jesus christ. are you on drugs this afternoon?
No. The most likely and reasonable response of anyone who thinks you should not be taken seriously is to... not take you seriously. This dramatic victim performance is ridiculous.

You quite clearly missed his previous utterances that US senators should be fired for supporting Qanon. I was being sarcastic which you clearly missed.

zippy

Honorary Master

Enron folks went to jail for profiteering off California during the blackouts in 2001. Ken Lay was convicted too, but that ghoul died before he could be sentenced.

Enron where guilty of “manufacturing” shortages. As scummy as these Texans where they didn’t initiate the bad weather. Energy companies in Texas where simply not prepared for this. In addition they don’t have arrangements in place with surrounding states to cover any shortages. There is a difference between being a piece of s##%t and breaking the law. Especially in America

cerebus

Honorary Master
I'm surprised I thought you would go for the ban route seeing as you think that is good for US senators.

US Senators have real power over people's lives whereas you're just a random online guy with a fetish for getting endlessly dunked on /shrug

SoldierMan

Expert Member
US Senators have real power over people's lives whereas you're just a random online guy with a fetish for getting endlessly dunked on /shrug

Ah so only people with "power" should have their rights taken away. Got it! Genius!
All US senators take note, follow cerebus' way of thinking or YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!!!!

scudsucker

Executive Member
Folks we have a benevolent dictator on our hands, all the suppression of freedoms is for your own good. Do what the dictator says and all will be well. Do as I say and you can have your freedom of speech.
Recall my suggestion about sarcasm just above?

You should heed my advice.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Enron where guilty of “manufacturing” shortages. As scummy as these Texans where they didn’t initiate the bad weather. Energy companies in Texas where simply not prepared for this. In addition they don’t have arrangements in place with surrounding states to cover any shortages. There is a difference between being a piece of s##%t and breaking the law. Especially in America
I'll allow it, but... It wasn't suggesting there was criminality in TX, simply pointing out that energy companies don't like letting a bad situation go to waste.

Also, TX was warned to prepare for extreme weather but they did nothing, and the TX grid isn't connected to the Eastern and Western grids by design.

cerebus

Honorary Master

That's what makes the Texas power situation so awful. It's not illegal at all, actually it's pure unnregulated free market capitalism at work.

A fundamental flaw in the freewheeling Texas electricity market left millions powerless and freezing in the dark this week during a historic cold snap. The core problem: Power providers can reap rewards by supplying electricity to Texas customers, but they aren’t required to do it and face no penalties for failing to deliver during a lengthy emergency. That led to the fiasco that left millions of people in the nation’s second-most-populous state without power for days. A severe storm paralyzed almost every energy source, from power plants to wind turbines, because their owners hadn’t made the investments needed to produce electricity in subfreezing temperatures. While power providers collectively failed, the companies themselves didn’t break any rules.