U.S. Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Are you being obtuse on purpose, or are you not able to infer that this is a reference to Hitler's vision of the Aryan race?
Everything is Nazi these days. So just counter his silly comment with an equally silly, but more factual one

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Everything is Nazi these days. So just counter his silly comment with an equally silly, but more factual one

It was not factual in any manner, you literally used a meaning of the word that was in no way related to the purpose of the sentence (i.e that it was inferred that the site was built by white supremacists).

Silly comment or not, it's entirely unhelpful for there to be any hope of discourse to respond to comments with absolute nonsense on purpose. And I am pretty sure I have read posts by you calling for people to engage in actual conversation.

Kieppie

Expert Member
It was not factual in any manner, you literally used a meaning of the word that was in no way related to the purpose of the sentence (i.e that it was inferred that the site was built by white supremacists).
That's how you inferred it yes as well as most considering that's his usual type of post. That is precisely what makes the Iranian definition, the actual meaning not the co-opted one, funny since it could be equally valid.

Silly comment or not, it's entirely unhelpful for there to be any hope of discourse to respond to comments with absolute nonsense on purpose. And I am pretty sure I have read posts by you calling for people to engage in actual conversation.
So you're arguing I should reply to a troll post seriously instead of dismissing it? How would that contribute to any meaningful discussion if there was no intent for it to begin with?

copacetic

King of the Hippies
That's how you inferred it yes as well as most considering that's his usual type of post. That is precisely what makes the Iranian definition, the actual meaning not the co-opted one, funny since it could be equally valid.
I'm not going to argue about this point, as it's patently obvious what the intent was, given the connection (whether correct or not) between right-leaning politics and white supremacists.

So you're arguing I should reply to a troll post seriously instead of dismissing it? How would that contribute to any meaningful discussion if there was no intent for it to begin with?
You can do whatever you see fit. To be perfectly honest, I am hounding you a bit because your style of posting is extremely irritating. So much ****-talking and self righteousness, while being condescending towards other people for behaviour you yourself regularly display.

But, to answer your question seriously - The onus is on you (and I mean this in a general sense, not you specifically), to engage in a useful and thoughtful manner. Cluttering up contentious threads with more nonsense, just because you feel someone else is doing so is less than useful.

*edit*

You are most assuredly not the only person who does this, don't get me wrong.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Sure.

You didn't want to criticise Trump because people were already doing that.
Oh I did criticize him when warranted. Not as vehemently as you, because why bother if it's already been reported on.
Lets flip this on its head. Have you ever said anything positive of Trump's policies in 4 years? You can't be that naïve to believe all of it was bad.
And I get accused of cognitive dissonance

So, why criticise Biden? Loads of criticism is lobbied against him for his slip ups and lies, by others.

So why not follow your own set of rules?
Precisely as to my previous post. Since no one here highlights it. We just see more TDS or adjacent drivel.
Do I dogpile on existing issues or try and raise new ones?

Kieppie

Expert Member
I'm not going to argue about this point, as it's patently obvious what the intent was, given the connection (whether correct or not) between right-leaning politics and white supremacists.
Exactly and I made light of this idiotic notion.

You can do whatever you see fit. To be perfectly honest, I am hounding you a bit because your style of posting is extremely irritating. So much ****-talking and self righteousness, while being condescending towards other people for behaviour you yourself regularly display.
Nothing wrong with being condescending towards people if they instigate it. So you're wrong in your opinion about my behavior. If it comes across as irritating that's too bad unfortunately.

But, to answer your question seriously - The onus is on you (and I mean this in a general sense, not you specifically), to engage in a useful and thoughtful manner. Cluttering up contentious threads with more nonsense, just because you feel someone else is doing so is less than useful.
Yes which is why I generally just ignore those type of comments. Unless the contain factually false information. I do find it amusing when they get lots of traction from their own side though.

*edit*
You are most assuredly not the only person who does this, don't get me wrong.
Yes it is pretty standard on this thread, as I mentioned earlier today. Though some will argue that it's false.

Kieppie

Expert Member

Not going to happen. Chris mentioned it in earlier post.

Before all the potential court packing takes place it would be interesting to see what happens if the SCOTUS rules on Hawaii's recent decision.

greg0205

Honorary Master
The Republican Party does not follow a race superiority philosophy so I'm not sure what your point is.
Wut?

Here's Republican favourite, Tucker Carlson, defending replacement theory earlier this week...

Y'all want I should draw the replacement theory line through neo nazi and Islamaphobe 'race superiority philosophy' for you?

It's explicitly racist.

As are the 300+ voter suppression laws Republicans are moving through 47 State legislatures right now.

When everyone votes, Republicans lose, so they'd very much like to decide who gets to vote. Spoiler alert: it's white folks.

Here are conservative pundits dog whistling their asses off:

The National Review doing the same:

Temujin

Honorary Master
I see New York is doing well

NY is in the same **** ANC is in now.... 'wait what, there is no tax money anymore?' and very confused as to how it happened while completely ignoring they locked everything down and destroyed all businesses and employment for over a year :giggle: But its fine, biden will bail them and CA out

Kieppie

Expert Member
Wut?

Here's Republican favourite, Tucker Carlson, defending replacement theory earlier this week...

Y'all want I should draw the replacement theory line through neo nazi and Islamaphobe 'race superiority philosophy' for you?

It's explicitly racist.
Please do whip out those crayons.
At the moment the only racists in the US are the progressives with Identity politics and the handful of various extremists groups.

As are the 300+ voter suppression laws Republicans are moving through 47 State legislatures right now.

When everyone votes, Republicans lose, so they'd very much like to decide who gets to vote. Spoiler alert: it's white folks.
Some more unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Here are conservative pundits dog whistling their asses off:
Dog whistles are for, well dogs...

iu

buka001

Honorary Master
Please do whip out those crayons.
At the moment the only racists in the US are the progressives with Identity politics and the handful of various extremists groups.

Some more unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Dog whistles are for, well dogs...

iu
Strange because White Nationalists loved it.

How about you whip out your crayons and explain what his theory means?

Status
Not open for further replies.