U.S. Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

scudsucker

Executive Member
You showed that? Really? Didn't we already confirm that you do not in fact have a background in either?

No, you made an assumption based on zero data. Big surprise.

There is nothing wrong with the analysis.
There is everything wrong with it. You are insisting on comparing apples to oranges, and now doubling down.
Yes and I provided evidence for my assertion. You have provided nothing to contradict it
What you provided does not meet the burden of proof. It is inaccurate and misleading. There is therefore no way to address your dishonest post except to dismiss it out of hand. Sorry about that.

Voter suppression isn't real though. Nor is there a racist intent behind voter regulations. Would like to see you try and prove this.
I knew when I added that you would jump on it as some form of attack, but in this discussion this is pure whataboutism. I'm hoping you can find it in yourself to provide credible evidence of widespread left wing racism, rather than prevarication
I showed you the percentage needed to equal the other.
Nope.
So are you trying to argue that less than 0.149% of democrats support CRT & ID?
Nope.
Great! then we can scrap those awful policies!
You have yet to show what makes them awful, but as I am not a supporter of either, I don't care if they are scrapped.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Sweet Baby Cheeses!

We’re at the stage of the debate where one side is arguing that unless you’re a member of a supremacist group, paid-up and in good standing, you can’t possibly be a racist.

I can’t even...
No. The argument was that there are more racist Democrats believing in CRT & ID than boogieman white supremacists.
And I never said you need to be a card carrying anything. In fact I said "White superiority is not a left right issue even if some have this false notion". In other words it occurs everywhere.

cerebus

Honorary Master
No. The argument was that there are more racist Democrats believing in CRT & ID than boogieman white supremacists.
And I never said you need to be a card carrying anything. In fact I said "White superiority is not a left right issue even if some have this false notion". In other words it occurs everywhere.

Perhaps you could point to some actual leftist white supremacists?

Kieppie

Expert Member
No, you made an assumption based on zero data. Big surprise.
Oh like when you claimed I have no background in it? :rolleyes:

There is everything wrong with it. You are insisting on comparing apples to oranges, and now doubling down.
What you provided does not meet the burden of proof. It is inaccurate and misleading. There is therefore no way to address your dishonest post except to dismiss it out of hand. Sorry about that.
No it is just a straightforward percentage comparison. Also I didn't use any inaccurate nor misleading information.

I knew when I added that you would jump on it as some form of attack, but in this discussion this is pure whataboutism. I'm hoping you can find it in yourself to provide credible evidence of widespread left wing racism, rather than prevarication
Did I claim widespread? Or just "at least as much as white supremacists"?
Nope.
Nope.
You have yet to show what makes them awful, but as I am not a supporter of either, I don't care if they are scrapped.
You know very well why it is a bad policy. Otherwise you yourself would ascribe to it.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Perhaps you could point to some actual leftist white supremacists?
Do they look different?
The point was about racism NOT white supremacy.

Anyway time for a braai. Will come stick more forks in when I get back

greg0205

Honorary Master
That 117 800 number is the cornerstone of your entire 'there are more racist Democrats' argument.

GTFOH.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Oh like when you claimed I have no background in it? :rolleyes:
Things scudscker had said about Kieppe:
- he is not good at maths
- he is not good at English

Things Kieppe has said about scudsucker:
- he is a racist
- he has no science or maths background

Now, you know very well your written language is poor. You need correction on a regular basis. You also know, due to having it demonstrated today, that your maths is poor, or you are ignorant of the basic concepts. That is a given.

But your basis for calling me a racist is purely because you have convinced yourself of something that is not true, and something that I have never shown any measure of support for.

This is dishonest, both factually and intellectually.

No it is just a straightforward percentage comparison. Also I didn't use any inaccurate nor misleading information.
You know very well you are comparing two very different populations, because I have told you this. You are comparing apples and oranges, and still doubling down.

If you had chosen to compare Republican voters to Democratic voters it would have been an honest comparison.
Otherwise you yourself would ascribe to it.
* subscribe. See comment above about your language skills.

And I am capable of disagreeing with a policy other thank knee-jerk "it's racist".

For what it is worth, CRT is not a policy anyway - a hint is in the name, third letter of the acronym stands for "theory". It is a set of ideas, not a group of Democratic Party policies.

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
Bidens ATF Director Pick

View attachment 1050309
Here's Jack 'backing the blue'.

Here are the dead blue:

waco-agents-killed-side-ht-jc-180105_16x9t_992.jpg

Your next 'owning-the-libs' step is shilling for Tim McVeigh, Jack.

Good luck with that.

Or...

Maybe read and watch this to seem less ridiculous:

Just a suggestion.

Use it, don't use it.

lumeer

Expert Member
Wut?

Here's Republican favourite, Tucker Carlson, defending replacement theory earlier this week...

Y'all want I should draw the replacement theory line through neo nazi and Islamaphobe 'race superiority philosophy' for you?

It's explicitly racist.

As are the 300+ voter suppression laws Republicans are moving through 47 State legislatures right now.

When everyone votes, Republicans lose, so they'd very much like to decide who gets to vote. Spoiler alert: it's white folks.

Here are conservative pundits dog whistling their asses off:

The National Review doing the same:

Republicans are really giving the Nazis a run for their money.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Anyway time for a braai. Will come stick more forks in when I get back
I hope you had some copium with your coke.

I'm going to help you out here with something I typed on my phone (hence many minor edits) while enjoying a nice cold beer. I honestly hope it will help you understand where you went wrong.

Population error:

By counting 117,800 white supremacists, who are presumably racist and comparing that number to Democratic voters (you claim without much evidence that there at 78.87 million of these voters) all you have proven is that there are more Democratic voters than white supremacists. That is all.

You are conflating the two population groups. We can probably agree that around 100% of white supremacists are indeed racist.

We cannot apply that number to a population of Democratic voters because you have not shown any evidence for any racists in the population of Democratic voters. See, this is how statistics and maths works: you compare a known fraction of a population to another known population

Even if you had done this, you would have been able to state only one of the following propositions because that is all you tested for:

Either,
A) the proportion of racists in the population of Democratic voters is LESS than the proportion of racists in various named white supremacist groups, or
B) the proportion of racists in the population of Democratic voters is MORE than the proportion of racists in various named white supremacist groups.

What you are trying to present is a different proposition, one that you have not backed up.

Category error:

You have not shown any evidence that Critical Race Theory and Identity Politics are inherently racist. You have stated as much, but without supporting evidence.

You also appear to think that only white supremacists on the right can be racist, while any of the population of Democratic voters can justifiably be accused.

Conflation error:

You constantly flip between "belief amongst the population of Democratic voters in CRT and/or IP" as racist, and decrying "CRT/IP as Democratic Party policies"

This is probably unintentional, but you need to be aware that they are very different things.

You also conflate white supremacist bodies with the entire right wing, by doing so implying that there are "only" 117,800 "bad apples" in the entirety of US right wing politics.

This is an absurdity, and I notice you choose not to use left wing extremists for your opposing numbers, instead deciding to present the entirety of the population of Democratic voters.

This is clearly dishonest. On the one hand you want to describe white supremacists - and only white supremacists - as racist. On the other, you want to suggest that the majority of left leaning people are racist.

You often switch terminology between white supremacists and racists (only, of course, those on the right) in order to muddy the waters, no doubt so you can use the white supremacist angle to either raise a strawman or to suggest I am strawmanning. This is dishonest.

Backtracking:

When you claimed, statistically as a left leaning person I was more likely to be racist, you then presented a figure that implies, inaccurately, that at least 1.27% of the population of Democratic voters are in fact racist.

This does not square with your claim in post

Where you state

Kieppe said:
Calling you, and others, a racist is due to Identity politics and CRT being inherently racist. ...
Statistically speaking I am more likely to be correct than someone claiming a conservative is a white supremacist.

Is 1.27% - a number, I might add, derived from exceptionally dishonest maths - a large number? Is it a proportion of the general left population that allows you to reasonably assert that I am racist?

Is it a bigger or smaller number than the proportion of the population of (n=1) Carlson spouting white supremacist bigotry and thus showing that 100% of Carlson is a white supremacist?

Maths is indeed hard, but not that hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.