U.S. Politics

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Where possible could members upload links to the actuall tweets, instead of uploading screenshots. It helps to verify that the tweets are legit. It's also useful for providing access to the tweets threads, for other information posted therein.

It's a pain googling tweets at times.

Last edited:

DavidFreeman

Expert Member
A Missouri Secession petition on whitehouse.gov reached 33 000 signatures within hours of Biden taking office. The Biden administration then proceeded to shutdown the White House Petitions website.
A pair of petitions filed on a White House website that seek approval for Missouri to withdraw from the United States have garnered a combined 33,000 signatures as of Tuesday ...

DavidFreeman

Expert Member

"It Was All A Lie": Biden-Linked WHO Adviser Says COVID-19 'Likely' Leaked From Wuhan Lab

A World Health Organization (WHO) adviser who previously worked under President Clinton and then-Senator Joe Biden has broken his silence over the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jamie Metzl - who served as Deputy Staff Director of the Foreign Relations Committee under Biden (2001-2003), after serving on the National Security Council (1997-1999) and the State Department (1999-2001) under Clinton, waited until three days after Biden's inauguration to tell the Toronto Sun that he thinks COVID-19 was most likely an accidental lab leak in Wuhan.

greg0205

Honorary Master
A Missouri Secession petition on whitehouse.gov reached 33 000 signatures within hours of Biden taking office. The Biden administration then proceeded to shutdown the White House Petitions website.

Secession, huh?

Handy they have a flag already, amirite?

white-flag-picture-id698137648

tetrasect

Expert Member

Senate Republican threatens impeachments of past Democratic presidents​

After a brief moment of bipartisan sentiment in which members from both parties condemned the unprecedented attack on Congress as it met to formalize Biden’s victory, a number of Senate Republicans are opposing Trump’s trial, which could lead to a vote blocking him from future office.

“If it is a good idea to impeach and try former presidents, what about former Democratic presidents when Republicans get the majority in 2022?” Cornyn, a 19-year veteran of the Senate who last year tried to distance himself from Trump when it seemed his seat was at risk, tweeted at majority leader Chuck Schumer.

“Think about it and let’s do what is best for the country.”

daelm

Expert Member
The language between the news article and the report seem to differ. Having a closer look at report I see the following:

There is a super text reference [6] but I can't find it's source. Opposition to government authority seems like a big net to group as "far right". It would be nice to know which groups were included here with this definition.

I'll see if I can find something in that later, if I get back to my desk. (Working on the phone sucks.)

@greg0205 in other news, Greg, it's 2 -2.

edit: my guess is they apply those lenses as motivations, as I've seen similar language in other material relating to "left wing terrorism".

as the very first link highlights, the definitional problem on this is quite real. there's been a wholesale aversion by both parties to calling anything domestic "terrorism" for a long time. I got interested on the back of Gerry Spence's work on the Ruby Ridge thing, and my sense is that their cock-ups on things like that made them gun-shy of labelling anything domestic. especially in light of the fact that before that, it was no issue. the weathermen, the SDS, etc. were all understood to be terrorists and discussed as such.

edit edit: Ruby Ridge really blew it up and made people draw lines - there's a strong argument that that was the moment that militia movements crystallised, even in their own minds. much of the subsequent slow-burning war between the anti-government militias and the federal state traces itself back to that, and almost all of them reference Ruby Ridge in their mythologies.

edit edit: @2021 on the actual link, they have an option to "download the methodology", but it doesn't give much more than you have already seen. (you'd probably have to mail them and ask for the dataset. i can do it for you, if you like, but, heads up, it might take some time to get.) that aspect of the brief itself seems to rest on their endnotes 31 and 32, which makes me believe they're relying on a commonly held definitions, since those direct to the FBI and DHS. personally, i'd be curious as to how they define "right-wing" as well. as I said, big definitional issues.

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master

Senate Republican threatens impeachments of past Democratic presidents​

After a brief moment of bipartisan sentiment in which members from both parties condemned the unprecedented attack on Congress as it met to formalize Biden’s victory, a number of Senate Republicans are opposing Trump’s trial, which could lead to a vote blocking him from future office.

“If it is a good idea to impeach and try former presidents, what about former Democratic presidents when Republicans get the majority in 2022?” Cornyn, a 19-year veteran of the Senate who last year tried to distance himself from Trump when it seemed his seat was at risk, tweeted at majority leader Chuck Schumer.

“Think about it and let’s do what is best for the country.”

Poor Jimmy Carter.

I mean they couldn't find anything on Bill so they ended up pinging him for lying about a blowjob.

They turned over every single rock to find anything, literally anything, to impeach the black guy with, and came up empty too.

Jimmy's fscked.

tetrasect

Expert Member
Debunked information that he keeps on bringing up. Don't waste your time.

I'm just interested to see if he will actually link those same debunked videos again, even after being ridiculed for believing them despite his "data scientist" level research capabilities.

If that's the case then he is definitely some kind of masochist...