U.S. to Open Air Travel to Most Vaccinated Foreign Passengers

Grant

Honorary Master
which is why it is in your best interests to skip the visa thing altogether, no mandates or requirements, hell you can even vote without an ID:
Hmm
Problem is you may land up having to walk around with a leaf blower strapped to your back.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
But yellow fever does and I'm not hearing anyone complain about that
Yellow fever is not endemic. Why does everyone keep making this stupid debunked comparison.

No, because the vaccine is not there to prevent you spreading it its there to prevent you getting a severe illness from it. There are vaccinations that prevent illness completely, and those that prevent serious illness but may still result in infection. The COVID-19 vaccines are the latter. So is the flu vaccine, which in fact has far more breakthrough cases anyway.
That's a retcon. It was supposed to produce herd immunity.

Here sparky, let me school you a little.
When granting a visa, the host country needs to ensure you will not be a burden on their health care system, and if something happens, the host nation is not saddled with the associated medical costs.
Some countries may require proof of financial resources, others may require proof of medical insurance for travel purposes.
In the current situation it makes sense to mitigate exposure to risk by including proof of vaccination.

Does that sink in?
I somehow doubt it, but hope springs eternal.
Their own people are far more of a burden on their system but nice trying to change the goalposts.

The test requirement is for the unvaccinated Americans.
And everyone entering the country, vaccinated or not. Actually it's both vaccinated and test so don't know where you get that bit.

Grant

Honorary Master
Their own people are far more of a burden on their system but nice trying to change the goalposts.
Jesus!!
Can you really be this thick??
Their own people contribute via taxes etc towards funding of national healthcare.
How much to you contribute towards their national healthcare??
Do don't even contribute locally, do you?

Pathetic attempt at moving goalposts

cguy

Executive Member
And everyone entering the country, vaccinated or not. Actually it's both vaccinated and test so don't know where you get that bit.
It’s literally in the OP:

“The U.S. will soon allow entry to most foreign air travelers as long as they’re fully vaccinated against Covid-19 — while adding a testing requirement for unvaccinated Americans and barring entry for foreigners who haven’t gotten shots.”

Swa

Honorary Master
Jesus!!
Can you really be this thick??
Their own people contribute via taxes etc towards funding of national healthcare.
How much to you contribute towards their national healthcare??
Do don't even contribute locally, do you?

Pathetic attempt at moving goalposts
Whoosh

It’s literally in the OP:

“The U.S. will soon allow entry to most foreign air travelers as long as they’re fully vaccinated against Covid-19 — while adding a testing requirement for unvaccinated Americans and barring entry for foreigners who haven’t gotten shots.”
"Under the new system, vaccinated travelers will still need a pre-flight Covid-19 test, within three days of departure, and will need to provide a phone number and email to begin to create a contact-tracing system that does not exist now. The vaccine requirement applies to adults, a person familiar with the plan said."

cguy

Executive Member
Whoosh

"Under the new system, vaccinated travelers will still need a pre-flight Covid-19 test, within three days of departure, and will need to provide a phone number and email to begin to create a contact-tracing system that does not exist now. The vaccine requirement applies to adults, a person familiar with the plan said."

Ah, you are right. The header is a bit misleading. There are just extra testing requirements for unvaccinated. Testing the vaccinated still doesn’t imply that the vaccine is ineffective, just that it isn’t 100% effective, which is not the claim.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ah, you are right. The header is a bit misleading. There are just extra testing requirements for unvaccinated. Testing the vaccinated still doesn’t imply that the vaccine is ineffective, just that it isn’t 100% effective, which is not the claim.
It isn't even effective at all in preventing the spread though.

cguy

Executive Member

Swa

Honorary Master

Swa

Honorary Master
There seems to be overwhelming evidence that it reduces spread
Conflicting evidence. Only thing overwhelming is the cognitive dissonance from the pro-vaxxers.

roadcat

Expert Member
Conflicting evidence. Only thing overwhelming is the cognitive dissonance from the pro-vaxxers.
I never get why people say things like this, knowing fully well that kind of statement applies to both sides.

"Cognitive dissonance causes feelings of unease and tension, and people attempt to relieve this discomfort in different ways. Examples include “explaining things away” or rejecting new information that conflicts with their existing beliefs."

cguy

Executive Member
I never get why people say things like this, knowing fully well that kind of statement applies to both sides.

"Cognitive dissonance causes feelings of unease and tension, and people attempt to relieve this discomfort in different ways. Examples include “explaining things away” or rejecting new information that conflicts with their existing beliefs."
It would also be good to get some references to this conflicting information, because I can’t really find it in any of the medical information sources I trust.

Swa

Honorary Master

It only applies when you ignore evidence that conflicts with your view.

It would also be good to get some references to this conflicting information, because I can’t really find it in any of the medical information sources I trust.
Yeah the key words there. Since this whole thing started anything that doesn't agree with the narrative has been brushed aside as untrustworthy so what else is new.

cguy

Executive Member
Yeah the key words there. Since this whole thing started anything that doesn't agree with the narrative has been brushed aside as untrustworthy so what else is new.
Well, so far you’ve given nothing but a vague notion of “the truth is out there”, so it’s a little hard to take you seriously.

The sources that I mostly use are those cited by or in Nature, the Mayo Clinic, CDC or PHAC.

Insint

Expert Member

You did not reply with a valid good source that proofs your point.

You are a big fat troll.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well, so far you’ve given nothing but a vague notion of “the truth is out there”, so it’s a little hard to take you seriously.

The sources that I mostly use are those cited by or in Nature, the Mayo Clinic, CDC or PHAC.
Exactly as I say, the ones looking mostly at symptomatic cases and then puffing them up with a lot of assumptions. Forgetting that Covid is largely a disease that spreads through asymptomatic people. Really many scientists have spoken out against this extrapolative science and that the vaccines don't infer herd immunity.

You did not reply with a valid good source that proofs your point.

You are a big fat troll.
Says bubba.