U20 Rugby World Cup 2018

sand_man

Honorary Master
Let's hope that will be the worst 40 minutes the baby Boks will play at the tourney. The days of thinking all you need to do to win games is rock up are long over. These guys look totally under done.

Solitude

Expert Member
They don't look very organised and there's so many mistakes. Was expecting much better.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
They don't look very organised and there's so many mistakes. Was expecting much better.
I am more surprised at the Georgian skillset than the traditional argy-bargy the Springboks used to be adapted to. The team and management are also like 95% home-grown. Kudos.

However, the Baby Boks must win this one...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Baby Boks, they are not quite in this game, early mistakes won't help them.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah. Scrappy affair, 2 disallowed tries, Goergians fought hard, Boks always slow starters. They'll improve.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I expected more from the babyboks!
For sure. It was a poor performance. Let's hope their campaign can gain momentum. You don't really have much scope for failure. A loss in the pools and you pretty much loss out on the semis.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Baby Boks making a meal of their Ireland fixture. 17-17 after 51 minutes. Damian Willemse stretchered off at around 47 minutes. His season looks done.

sand_man

Honorary Master
22-17 baby Boks lead. After 63 minutes. Gianni Lombard goal kicking stat 0/3. Hope they doesn't come back to bite them.

sand_man

Honorary Master
30-17 full time. Baby Boks win it. Was a grind for sure. Win came at a cost though. Damian looks to be out for the rest of the tournament.

Next up France in 4 days time. To make the semis you have to win 3/3. Baby Boks will need to up the anti again against France.

Solitude

Expert Member
I'm surprised to see that France are favourites against South Africa tonight.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm surprised to see that France are favourites against South Africa tonight.
Yeah, I saw that...

Should be a good game. Home ground advantage perhaps? Also looking at Frances Six Nations results, when they on song, they're on song!! Dangerous side.

Hammered Scotland 69-19 and Italy 78-12.

Also Baby Boks without Damian and Rikus Pretorius, 2 big players out!

Boks have this habit of starting slow and gaining momentum as the tourney progresses but I got a bad feeling about this fixture.