Uber Connect Car now offers package delivery up to 80kg

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
You can now send packages up to 80kg with Uber — how much it costs

Uber has launched a new on-demand delivery service called Uber Connect Car, allowing users to send packages weighing up to 80kg over short distances.

The e-hailing company previously rolled out Uber Connect Moto in South Africa in 2020, providing a similar delivery service via motorbike for parcels weighing up to 15kg.

Dudlu

Expert Member
I wonder if they would take a delivery cross province. Would be interesting to see.

Edit: Nope. Just checked and it didn't give me a price so I'm assuming that's a no.

Last edited:

Naked_Avenger

I used it the other day after forgetting something at work. It Works well. While it would have been a bit cheaper to go get the item myself, but if you're busy like I was at the time, It's worth the little extra for the convenience.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Nice cheap alternative for women or smaller guy to travel, if they are willing to travel in a box?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Nice cheap alternative for women or smaller guy to travel, if they are willing to travel in a box?
I was just thinking, I weigh less than 80kg and these rates are cheaper than being a passenger.

1646982147861.png

• Haha
Reactions: Swa

Swa

Honorary Master
I used it the other day after forgetting something at work. It Works well. While it would have been a bit cheaper to go get the item myself, but if you're busy like I was at the time, It's worth the little extra for the convenience.
A bit cheaper? Seems to me like it would be a lot cheaper to do it yourself.