Uber not concerned about Joburg regulations

abruton

It will be typical bureaucracy trying to get involved in something that they didn't even start, if Joburg gets involved in regulating Uber. The Internet regulates itself, and so should Uber. If people want to use the old expensive slow taxi services, let them. Let us the people make the choice, and keep your grubby bureaucratic finger off Uber.

requiem

Expert Member
Are they capable of creating anything?

Or do they simply steal and break everything they touch.

saor

Honorary Master
Issues that the city is reportedly looking into regarding Uber include how the service can be more in line with black empowerment requirements...
A global company being forced to comply with our racial b/s.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
BEE? Huh? They're not in business with guavamint so why do their BEE credentials matter?

At the ground level, all the Uber drivers I've met are black guys who went over from existing cab companies.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Take your BEE and stick it up your ass.

Government caught with their pants down yet again (i.e. hands in KFC bucket).

Pixelbender

It will be typical bureaucracy trying to get involved in something that they didn't even start, if Joburg gets involved in regulating Uber. The Internet regulates itself, and so should Uber. If people want to use the old expensive slow taxi services, let them. Let us the people make the choice, and keep your grubby bureaucratic finger off Uber.
Slow Taxi Services? They beat me to every traffic light.

Last edited:

jansdejager

Expert Member
Take your BEE and stick it up your ass.

Government caught with their pants down yet again (i.e. hands in KFC bucket).
Until they start a new taxi war :D

Honestly though taxi companies should be able to compete with on quality, speed, price etc and get their own app or similar easily enough. I think the Uber fad will blow over when drivers decide to strike (inevitably), some of them start extorting 'tips', or worse. People will be clamouring for the old arrangements then pronto.