UberEATS gets over 10,000 downloads in South Africa every week

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Useless info methinks, the 550 000 downloads. How many eats gets delivered is what counts, IOW how many actually used it. I have lots of apps downloaded and/or installed, but don't/have not used them, including UberEATS.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Useless info methinks, the 550 000 downloads. How many eats gets delivered is what counts, IOW how many actually used it. I have lots of apps downloaded and/or installed, but don't/have not used them, including UberEATS.

Yeah. It sounds like a marketing\promotional thing for Uber. Why don't they speak to OrderIn or Appetite or even MrD?

mister

Executive Member
That I actually get my food on time without hassles.

I've never used OrderIn, but I find UberEATS much faster than Mr Delivery. I suppose it depends on the area you are in...

I also like that you can see where the vehicle is with UberEats, and I also find the complaint process very easy. On the few times I've complained they have credited me for the item in question without question.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I've never used OrderIn, but I find UberEATS much faster than Mr Delivery. I suppose it depends on the area you are in...

I also like that you can see where the vehicle is with UberEats, and I also find the complaint process very easy. On the few times I've complained they have credited me for the item in question without question.

Same with OrderIn. Live tracking with the driver's pic and contact details, the vehicle he drives, vehicle colour etc.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
What do you prefer about it?

I get hot food and a smart driver who doesn’t have to call twice to find my place.

I happily ordered for a year with Uber eats but when they started to expand, they got really bad.

My three last Uber eats attempts were cold and I never got an apology or even a partial refund.

Add this to the fact that OrderIn gives you invoices, while Uber Eats flat out refuses (while they do it in other countries).