Ubuntu 12.04 LTX 64-bit... where to get physical media ??

kilobits

Executive Member
Hey hey

Anyone in Cape Town southern suburbs area have a copy of Ubuntu 12.04 LTX 64bit for my brother ?

Having moerse broadband hassles and will take to long for me to download on my 384 chugga-chugga line.

He will come fetch and replace / pay for discs used.

If not, any idea where he can get a copy from quite quickly... a download and burn type service ?
There used to be Ubuntu vending machines in JHB... but none seen here.

Heeelp ? Anyone ?

try UCT.. they used to have a CD burner service for linux distros. Alternatively at Canal walk at that science thingy shop :)

vinodh

Expert Member
Go to freedomtoaster.org and search for the toaster closest to you. Bring some blank disks with you and burn whatever Linux and open source software thats available on the toaster.

kilobits

Executive Member
try UCT.. they used to have a CD burner service for linux distros. Alternatively at Canal walk at that science thingy shop :)
Go to freedomtoaster.org and search for the toaster closest to you. Bring some blank disks with you and burn whatever Linux and open source software thats available on the toaster.
Thanks guys ! Looking now...

EDIT: Perfect... one in Edward Street, Manhattan Plaza, 6th Floor, Tygervalley. Sorted.

You okes are brilliant. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Another option is to contact members of the local LUG.

Alternatively have a look what coverdisk is included on the latest Linux Format but that could be pricey :D

kilobits

Executive Member
Another option is to contact members of the local LUG.

Alternatively have a look what coverdisk is included on the latest Linux Format but that could be pricey :D
The cover disk route he just did... it was a beta version without the 64-bit, no mention of this on the cover tho' found out when he got home. Expensive yes. :p