UCT admission and bursary award

slimshadyjr69

Hey guys
I need help I applied to study at UCT next year but the problem is that I chose not to classify my race when I applied but now I realised that I am being administered in open category whereas I should be administered in redress category accordingly.I sent many emails and faxes to the admission office requesting to add my ethnicity but nothing yet,I am running out of patience I don't know who to contact for help or what to do...any ideas?
will it be appropriate to contact the Dean of faculty(science) of which I applied for?
NB:I aldready secured a bursary

Radioboy

Hey guys
I need help I applied to study at UCT next year but the problem is that I chose not to classify my race when I applied but now I realised that I am being administered in open category whereas I should be administered in redress category accordingly.I sent many emails and faxes to the admission office requesting to add my ethnicity but nothing yet,I am running out of patience I don't know who to contact for help or what to do...any ideas?
will it be appropriate to contact the Dean of faculty(science) of which I applied for?
NB:I aldready secured a bursary
If you already got a bursary - then I assume you have good grades to be accepted into Varsity. On the bright side, if you get accepted, without your race playing a role in the matter, it means you have what it takes and not just accepted to meet their AA criteria set by gov.

I wouldnd worry too much if I were you.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Wish it was so easy at VUT. No matter how good my daughters marks were, she couldnt get a bursary due to race.