Ugu Municipality spent R24 million on water tanker rentals

Currantly

Expert Member
The Ugu Municipality has confirmed that it spent R24 million on water tanker rentals in 2022 to bridge the gap its ageing infrastructure was unable to cope with.

Ugu acting municipal manager Vela Mazibuko told IOL this week that they hired around 20 water tankers at a cost of R2 million per month.

Linky

The poor people must be very, very thirsty with only 20 tankers. Why did the municipality not rent 5000 more? Let the rich pay. Just load the municipality accounts. Easy as that. Those who cannot pay should face a debt collection action and subsequently a repossession of their properties. We cannot let the poor go hungry or thirsty. No matter what the companies charge for renting tankers.

Is that less than fixing the pipes or more? Do they have a plan for fixing the pipes?

Is that less than fixing the pipes or more? Do they have a plan for fixing the pipes?
Yes. The plan is not to fix it as it would kill the golden-water-tanker-goose.

People don't care what either costs, as long as they are provided with water. The ANC intimately knows this.

Yes. The plan is not to fix it as it would kill the golden-water-tanker-goose.

People don't care what either costs, as long as they are provided with water. The ANC intimately knows this.

You see, I think, but this is just my personal opinion, that South Africans are upset about this because they do not get thanked by the beneficiaries of BEE enough.

I think, if the ANC starts a daily show on all TV networks, showing a daily new BEE crony coming on, showing everyone all the cars he bought, the multi-billion Rand houses, the offshore properties, the bank accounts growing and out of the heart thanking the taxpayer for the lifestyle, things will be more palatable. Maybe the taxpayer won't have that many issues if the cronies comes out and thank them properly.

Just some food for thought.

You see, I think, but this is just my personal opinion, that South Africans are upset about this because they do not get thanked by the beneficiaries of BEE enough.

I think, if the ANC starts a daily show on all TV networks, showing a daily new BEE crony coming on, showing everyone all the cars he bought, the multi-billion Rand houses, the offshore properties, the bank accounts growing and out of the heart thanking the taxpayer for the lifestyle, things will be more palatable. Maybe the taxpayer won't have that many issues if the cronies comes out and thank them properly.

Just some food for thought.
There is nothing the taxpayer can do about this.

Our election laws and systems need to change so that:
- Voting is legally mandated for all South Africans. Political Parties need to carry a responsibility to ensure all South Africans, of voting age, are registered to vote.
- All registered voters who do not vote, for whatever justifiable reason, have their ballots counted as spoiled.
- Ballots need to show only the person/proposal for whom one is voting for, not the Political party. Votes are counted for the person/proposal, not for the political party/movement.

Until this happens, nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future.

UGU is worse than useless. If they're not actively sabotaging things then we stand no chance with their level of incompetence.

I think its less than fixing the pipes given that UGU is a largely rural municipality, but at the same time I can't see it being significantly cheaper than buying 20 water tankers outright (if anything I think in the space of a year, they've paid more than just buying 20 outright)

Fixing pipes is a once off tender

Renting water tankers is a life-long tender

If you understand that you will understand why so little works as it should

UGU is worse than useless. If they're not actively sabotaging things then we stand no chance with their level of incompetence.

I'd never even heard of this municipality.

ugu_district_municipality.png

Anyone here actually from this area?

Was the worst area I've ever lived. Spraying their shyte everywhere, sabotaging water supply, crime, the dirty masses .... ugh, horrid

Uga municipality? Sounds like a place in Bongo Bongo Land.

Back