UIF launches new online application portal - How it works

Sean008

Expert Member
That's my issue as well, I've a domestic who I've paid in full but if she gets it Direct into her account, she will get both. Do they pay a single employer?
Select the ‘pay to employer’ option when filling in the employer details. I think they’ll pay to you. However make certain that you retain proof that you had paid her already.

blah99

Expert Member
On my 4th day waiting for payment. To those that got payments for their employees, how long did it take? I see some got payments within 2 or 3 days.

rodga

Honorary Master
On my 4th day waiting for payment. To those that got payments for their employees, how long did it take? I see some got payments within 2 or 3 days.
Applied Tuesday 10am, funds were in FNB account on Wed 3 pm
Applied on the new website

rodga

Honorary Master
That looks right. The payment reference includes your UIF Ref#....the one that ends on a /*

They should send you a remittance for your payslip breakdowns, but I haven't' received anything yet either.
I see there is now a payment breakdown available on the website. Also have to download form to submit proof of payment to them

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I see there is now a payment breakdown available on the website.

Apparently remittances will be mailed tomorrow by UIF.

But I will skip the payslip adjustments this month and just do it next month.

Also have to download form to submit proof of payment to them

Not sure what you mean with this?

blah99

Expert Member
I see there is now a payment breakdown available on the website. Also have to download form to submit proof of payment to them
I saw this as well. Does this mean the employee need to be paid by the employer BEFORE they make a payment to the employer?

rodga

Honorary Master
Apparently remittances will be mailed tomorrow by UIF.

But I will skip the payslip adjustments this month and just do it next month.

Not sure what you mean with this?

Rather get the breakdown yourself imo

Hers the form you need to fill in from the payment breakdown link on the website and return with proof of payment. I believe you have 2 days to make the payment from the date you receive it.

Dear Applicant

UIF REFERENCE NUMBER:

NAME OF COMPANY:

Approval : Covid19 TERS: Temporary Employee / Employer Relief Scheme

I have pleasure in advising you that your application for the COVID 19 TERS, has been approved. The benefits payable in terms of the above application is:

Number of employees paid and rand value is as per report ( ALL Y ).

The balance of the employees were not paid due to:

• Not registered on the UIF data base
  • In receipt of normal UIF benefits
  • Do not qualify for covid19 payments
The UIF will communicate on the non – payment group .

Please note that the balance of the employees is not registered on our database, please see attached spreadsheet. Therefore you are requested to prove to the Fund that the outstanding employees are registered, declared and contributed with the UIF by providing 3 months payroll for employees concerned.

The MOA that accompanied your application, now, has a contractual status and commences on date you sign and send this acceptance letter.

Yours faithfully

Thobile Lamati

Director –General

For: UIF

Acceptance

I, the undersigned ……………………………...., applicant herein, acknowledge, accept the approval and agree that I am now legally contractually bound by the terms of the MOA that accompanied my application.

Signed at ……………………….this……………………….day of…………………….2020.

Full Name and Surname ………………………………………… the duly authorized person, per the legal undertaking).

…………………………………….

Signature

Kindly submit the Approval / Acceptance Letter plus Proof of Payment into employees bank to : Covid19UIFemployerPaymentsReturns@labour.gov.za

Suspect99

Executive Member
Sigh. Still no response to me from my emailed application sent on the 14th.

And the hotline is just busy

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Rather get the breakdown yourself imo

Hers the form you need to fill in from the payment breakdown link on the website and return with proof of payment. I believe you have 2 days to make the payment from the date you receive it.
Site keeps on falling over...

blah99

Expert Member
For one of our employees the incorrect details were entered.
Instead of editing the employee details the person capturing it deleted the employee from the list.
Now when we try and add the employee again, we get the following message:

"THIS ID NUMBER IS ALREADY REGISTERED
UIF-Covid-19 TERS - Employee Details"

The employee no longer appears in the list to be submitted
How did you manage to fix the incorrect details?

tess

I work for a very small business, 5 employees including 2 part time domestic workers. My boss applied online last week but selected Pay employer for the two domestics (they don’t have bank accounts) and Pay Employee for us 3 who have bank accounts. Our bank details were entered. A very small payment was received into his business account on 21st presumably for domestics but so far nothing into individual bank accounts. Has anyone received an individual direct UIF payment yet as an employee?

cavedog

Honorary Master
So company resubmitted last week Thursday via email the CSV file. Money paid into the company bank account today but now the manager is spinning me another story saying the owner is only going to release the money to us next week on the last day of the month. :mad:

Gekco

Expert Member
How did you manage to fix the incorrect details?

I have not managed to sort it out yet. No employee details are visible and no payment received yet. Sent them an email about the issue with no response yet. Impossible to get through on their phone lines.

rodga

Honorary Master
So company resubmitted last week Thursday via email the CSV file. Money paid into the company bank account today but now the manager is spinning me another story saying the owner is only going to release the money to us next week on the last day of the month. :mad:
Arent they supposed to pay the money within 2 days? Try and find the MOA and see but Im sure that was one of the requirements. I would report them.