UIF launches new online application portal - How it works

cavedog

Honorary Master
Arent they supposed to pay the money within 2 days? Try and find the MOA and see but Im sure that was one of the requirements. I would report them.

I don't even work with admin but went the extra mile so everyone can get the documents signed. We managed to get bank confirmation letters from all the staff very quickly and then they went and changed the payment to employer instead of employees. Very angry about that shows you just how sly they are.

Gekco

Expert Member
I got confirmation via the web site that the funds for one of our employees has been paid over (no communication is being received via email). All of the rest were rejected and the missing employee I could not add was listed nowhere. They are all registered for UIF and our company has been paying the UIF and is up to date.

I got the following information from the Approval and Acceptance letter for the one employee for which payment was received:
"The balance of the employees were not paid due to:
  • Not registered on the UIF data base
  • In receipt of normal UIF benefits
  • Do not qualify for covid19 payments
The UIF will communicate on the non – payment group .

Please note that the balance of the employees is not registered on our database, please see attached spreadsheet. Therefore you are requested to prove to the Fund that the outstanding employees are registered, declared and contributed with the UIF by providing 3 months payroll for employees concerned."

I can not see any area in the web site where I can correct this and they are not replying to emails.
The web site is not allowing me to add employees again.
It is impossible to get through on their phone lines.
I cannot add any employee again and my employees list remains blank.

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I got confirmation via the web site that the funds for one of our employees has been paid over (no communication is being received via email). All of the rest were rejected and the missing employee I could not add was listed nowhere. They are all registered for UIF and our company has been paying the UIF and is up to date.

I got the following information from the Approval and Acceptance letter for the one employee for which payment was received:
"The balance of the employees were not paid due to:
  • Not registered on the UIF data base
  • In receipt of normal UIF benefits
  • Do not qualify for covid19 payments
The UIF will communicate on the non – payment group .

Please note that the balance of the employees is not registered on our database, please see attached spreadsheet. Therefore you are requested to prove to the Fund that the outstanding employees are registered, declared and contributed with the UIF by providing 3 months payroll for employees concerned."

I can not see any area in the web site where I can correct this and they are not replying to emails.
The web site is not allowing me to add employees again.
It is impossible to get through on their phone lines.
I cannot add any employee again and my employees list remains blank.
One of my staff was also "rejected" with no reason given.

I called them yesterday and they said another department is handling queries re. these rejections.

They gave me 2 email addresses to send my queries to. Luckily I had a snippet of the rejection off of their portal and also included that in my email to them.

I have had no reply yet, but the lady at UIF said that they are well aware of all the seemingly incorrect rejections and are attending to it. My email did not bounce back, which is a good sign, but may be lying in an Inbox with thousands of others...

The email addresses are (take note one is for CT region) :

covid19uifemployerpaymentreturns@labour.gov.za
capet.bcp@labour.gov.za

Gekco

Expert Member
One of my staff was also "rejected" with no reason given.

I called them yesterday and they said another department is handling queries re. these rejections.

They gave me 2 email addresses to send my queries to. Luckily I had a snippet of the rejection off of their portal and also included that in my email to them.

I have had no reply yet, but the lady at UIF said that they are well aware of all the seemingly incorrect rejections and are attending to it. My email did not bounce back, which is a good sign, but may be lying in an Inbox with thousands of others...

The email addresses are (take note one is for CT region) :

covid19uifemployerpaymentreturns@labour.gov.za
capet.bcp@labour.gov.za

Many thanks. I will try that approach as well

blah99

Expert Member
I was on the phone with them as well. They said queries can only be handled via email and that the response time is 72 hours. Will see how true that is.

If anyone receive a response via email from them please tell the rest of us so that we know how long the waiting time is.

Last edited:

Suspect99

Executive Member
So I did my application via the portal.
The site was crashing so badly I couldn't upload the details manually and resorted to using the CSV file. It said "successfully submitted". But I dont see any employee details on the portal loaded. Has anyone used the online portal and used the CSV method? Do the employees show up on the portal?

jambai

So looks like it some of our guys not registered on uif database and that is why they did not pay ters benefit but got the other money for guys on their system . Any idea of somebody with a declarations file in csv . Must it be in text format or can it be sent in CSv as hoping to send the guys like that into the database . I think will be easiest and most simple way to get guys in uif database that the ters benefit uses . No the declarations don’t seem to be up to date and no don’t have a payroll system to generate the file .

Last edited:

Anakha56

So I did my application via the portal.
The site was crashing so badly I couldn't upload the details manually and resorted to using the CSV file. It said "successfully submitted". But I dont see any employee details on the portal loaded. Has anyone used the online portal and used the CSV method? Do the employees show up on the portal?

Have you come right with yours? If you did come right, how did you resolve it? Besides the portal crashing under load my boss is having the same issue. We upload the CSV file and ... nothing. No people are listed anywhere. Tried last week and managed to get an upload in now before the site died again.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Have you come right with yours? If you did come right, how did you resolve it? Besides the portal crashing under load my boss is having the same issue. We upload the CSV file and ... nothing. No people are listed anywhere. Tried last week and managed to get an upload in now before the site died again.
I got a reply a couple of days later showing which employees qualified and which didn't. So it looked like the CSV worked, it just doesn't load them onto the employees page.

The employees that didn't qualify are apparently not registered on the UIF database, which I'm trying to sort out. ( They have been paying UIF and UI19 forms were sent when they joined)

Has anyone just sent in payslips or do they require the UI19 funds?

Ie has anyone successfully received benefits for employees that Uif claim are not registered?

jambai

I got a reply a couple of days later showing which employees qualified and which didn't. So it looked like the CSV worked, it just doesn't load them onto the employees page.

The employees that didn't qualify are apparently not registered on the UIF database, which I'm trying to sort out. ( They have been paying UIF and UI19 forms were sent when they joined)

Has anyone just sent in payslips or do they require the UI19 funds?

Ie has anyone successfully received benefits for employees that Uif claim are not registered?
We are all waiting to see how to resolve the issues as people have sent the required payslips to the given mail . It looks as if employees where lost when they migrated to their new ufiling.

Anakha56

Site seems dead again?

It's flakier than a Cadburys Flake chocolate...

Just realized that the CSV file is misisng the |1 at the end. So will add that and try again. My boss and I are not keen to manually, one by one, capture the whole payroll. For a factory that is insane...

Suspect99

Executive Member
It's flakier than a Cadburys Flake chocolate...

Just realized that the CSV file is misisng the |1 at the end. So will add that and try again. My boss and I are not keen to manually, one by one, capture the whole payroll. For a factory that is insane...
It's not supposed to be |1.its needs to have the number of employees at the end. Eg if you are applying for 152 employees put |152

Anakha56

It's not supposed to be |1.its needs to have the number of employees at the end. Eg if you are applying for 152 employees put |152

So I have been roped into helping since my boss has been trying since last week to get this to work without any success. Turns out he has been emailed the template to use from a labor lawyer company he uses and it looks like it is missing the column of who should the UIF be payed 1: Employee, 2: Employer, 3: Bargain Council. So it is that column that I am referring to. Once I had learnt all this I asked him to download the Excel file from the UIF site when he can get in so that we are 100% certain we have all the correct columns and data captured.

I need that booze around about now... <_<

hj007

Still dead, only the registration page opens occasionally. Is it just me, because the minister says hundreds of thousands have registered and only irresponsible employers haven't yet registered?

acidrain

Executive Member
Still dead, only the registration page opens occasionally. Is it just me, because the minister says hundreds of thousands have registered and only irresponsible employers haven't yet registered?

Not just you. One would've thought their IT people would have picked up on the server issues already. For me though accessing the site is irrelevant since our UIF number has been blocked due to unknown system error.