UJ appoints 25-year-old Bhaso Ndzendze as head of department of politics and international relations

Flywheel

Honorary Master
This is the problem with AA/BEE. A black guy gets a prestigious position, and the entire country will doubt his credentials/ability just because he is black.

We need to scrap this racist method of past redress thinly disguised as "Empowerment".

surface

Honorary Master
This is the problem with AA/BEE. A black guy gets a prestigious position, and the entire country will doubt his credentials/ability just because he is black.

We need to scrap this racist method of past redress thinly disguised as "Empowerment".
This is the problem with not having AA/BEE. A white guy gets a prestigious position, and the entire country will doubt his privilege just because he is white

rietrot

Honorary Master
This is the problem with not having AA/BEE. A white guy gets a prestigious position, and the entire country will doubt his privilege just because he is white
Is this English?

Why doubt the privilege of someone in a prestigious position?
I'm sure they themselves would consider it a great privilege.
Privilege is good.

TheChamp

Honorary Master

Or it's the very reason we need AA/BEE, because we still have people who thinks it's impossible for a non white person to qualify for a prestigious position.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Or it's the very reason we need AA/BEE, because we still have people who thinks it's impossible for a non white person to qualify for a prestigious position.
You don't understand how quotas work do you?

It's a number or percentage that needs to be met. You cannot be black and not be a BEE quota. As you are counted for your skin colour no matter the merit.

You support this racist system.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

It's a number or percentage that needs to be met. You cannot be black and not be a BEE quota. As you are counted for your skin colour no matter the merit.

Not true. Think about it.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
A snake talked to me and told me that your statement is false.

p.s. This is how you convince people.
Also, not everyone is appointed to fulfill targets. If I exceed requirements and do exceptionally well in interviews, it's immaterial whether they want to include me in their stats.

surface

Honorary Master
Also, not everyone is appointed to fulfill targets. If I exceed requirements and do exceptionally well in interviews, it's immaterial whether they want to include me in their stats.
I have been in this country for 20+ years. There is no way you can change mind of people who relished good old days and find the current government oppressive. Especially the 50+ age group.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Let me help. Foreign nationals don't count towards EE targets therefore, your statement is patently false.
O so you as a foreigner are an exception to the rule therefore the rule isn't valid. What nonsense. Go and tell that to the government's beloved Cubans, hired for no other reason than they aren't white south Africans.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

O so you as a foreigner are an exception to the rule therefore the rule isn't valid. What nonsense. Go and tell that to the government beloved Cubans.
Go and ask the person who wrote the post above.

abzob

Honorary Master
O so you as a foreigner are an exception to the rule therefore the rule isn't valid. What nonsense. Go and tell that to the government's beloved Cubans, hired for no other reason than they aren't white south Africans.

Why didn’t they hire Indians? Or a myriad of other non-white South Africans?

I know this might be difficult to fathom but not everything is about white South Africans.

rietrot

Honorary Master

I know this might be difficult to fathom but not everything is about white South Africans.

They did hire Indians. Half the country capable of critical thought haven't forgotten about the Guptas yet.

surface

Honorary Master

Indians are being hired (outsourcing to zensar, wipro, TCS) by private sector (in IT) and Koos from ANC is responsible for that problem.

surface

Honorary Master
It seems impossible hence we have all these laws to force it. Black people needs help, can't do it on their own. Shame.
Shame. You didn't take help in good old days and look where you are. Jobless, landless, flatless and homeless and having self-pity everywhere.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master

So much rubbish in this post, if companies aren't employing the best possible people then other companies will do so. Thus ensuring the ones that think its impossible for a non white person to qualify for a prestigious position to die out.

BEE policies are pure racism and do nothing to address the problem, they only create more.

abzob

Honorary Master
They did hire Indians. Half the country capable of critical thought haven't forgotten about the Guptas yet.
I'm sure there are enough Indians to replace the Cubans, Mr Critical Thought.