[UK] Dad marks letter sent by education bosses and gives them a D minus!

ForceFate

Honorary Master
https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/da...tion-bosses-and-gives-them-a-d-minus-16502928

When Daniel Moore took his son out of school for a holiday he was reconciled to paying the £60 fine for skipping lessons.

But after a letter riddled with spelling errors arrived from education chiefs to explain his punishment he could have been forgiven for wondering if any of them could be trusted with his child’s schooling.

Mistakes included ‘hte’, ‘guitly’, ‘notie’ and ‘dteailed’.

Mr Moore, 31, said: ‘I saw a couple of spelling errors as soon as I opened the letter but, as I read on, more mistakes appeared.

‘At first I thought it was quite funny but when you place it into the context that these people are responsible for the future of children’s education it is concerning.’ He added: ‘We took our son out of school for five days to go to Majorca. I was fully aware of the risks but thought it was well worth it for the experience of the holiday. I’ve said that I’ll pay the £60 fine but I just wanted to make sure people could see how sloppy the letter was.’

Grant

Honorary Master
When Daniel Moore . . .

Mr Moore, 31, said: ‘I saw a couple of spelling errors as soon as I opened the letter but, as I read on, more mistakes appeared.
?

. . as I opened the letter, but as I read on. . .