UK Daily Mail - Zuma Article

Emjay

Honorary Master
I think we are approaching this topic from the wrong direction.

Larrychang, how about you tell us what is so great about this country? Please do not spew facts from www.sagoodnews.co.za. They are merely cold comfort at the end of the day.

brixton tower

Expert Member
Imagine how you would react if Gordon Brown opened and closed his election rallies by bursting into a song called Bring Me My Machine Gun, swaying and jigging to the hypnotic chorus of this menacing ditty.

LOL...comparing JZ to Gordon Brown, probably not the best intro and totally out of context...if Brown was black and lived through South Africa of the 60s I wouldn't be faulting him if he started chanting "awulethu mshini'wam".

All that aside, I always love the fearmongering of the British press, especially the Daily Mail...basically telling people(in the UK) that they should be grateful for being in Ol Blightey and not Africa where someone like Zuma is poised to take charge of its most prosperous nation without attempting to its its class snobbery.

R13...

Honorary Master
I agree that the daily newspapers sensationalise some things. Funny how they have more ammo for these writings lately though.

I've set out my thoughths about ZIM2.0 in an earlier posst in this thread. You're welcome to dispute any of the claims I make there and we can debate them.

You will realise that I don't dispute what the newspaper say - only that what this Peter Idiot wrote is nothing new or novel. People here are goin' on as if this guy wrote an analysis of SA deserving on a PHD report! That's my main with the article initially, the rest just degenerated into another Zim 2.0 thread!

I feel strongly about the Zim comparisons.
I will have a look at your thoughts about the issue. Unfortunately I have not found anything different from the Zim 2.0 proponents. All they do is say how this & that murder, rape, whatever will lead to Zim 2.0.

Maybe people should refresh their memory on how Zim got where they are today! Read a book for crying out loud - there's a good book written my some British lady about Mugabe. Don't give me emo!

blunomore

Honorary Master
...if Brown was black and lived through South Africa of the 60s I wouldn't be faulting him if he started chanting "awulethu mshini'wam".

It would be OK if he - or JZ - did it then, but NOW, IN TODAY'S CONTEXT, it is totally inappropriate and not required. It serves no purpose other than dividing people.

JZ must get with the programme. Why can these oldies not keep up? :D

Balstrome

Banned
larrychang, there is a picture in the photo section, that gives an example of your method of arguing. It's one of Darth Vader in the surf pouring sea water into a water filter. It does not make sense.

R13...

Honorary Master
I think we are approaching this topic from the wrong direction.

Larrychang, how about you tell us what is so great about this country? Please do not spew facts from www.sagoodnews.co.za. They are merely cold comfort at the end of the day.

I have never been to that website!

But I digress,
-SA is rich in natural resources
-We have great wheather
-We were able to transit from a state of near civil war to a peaceful transition (lots of work remain here)
-We have world class SA grown co.'s
-We have 3 nobel laureates all home grown
-We have world class game parks/national/private
-We have some of the friendliest/warm sprited people in the world,
-Beautiful coastal areas/marine life
-Some of the best tourist atttractions in the world
-Other people trust & believe in us so much that they let us host the Rugby WC, ICC Cricket WC, ICC Champs Trophy, IPL, Fifa WC...

Just what I can think of now, others are welcome to add!

R13...

Honorary Master
larrychang, there is a picture in the photo section, that gives an example of your method of arguing. It's one of Darth Vader in the surf pouring sea water into a water filter. It does not make sense.

You will notice my avoidance of the word arguing in my postings on this thread.
I am however happy to explain anything that may have flown over your head.

brixton tower

Expert Member
It would be OK if he - or JZ - did it then, but NOW, IN TODAY'S CONTEXT, it is totally inappropriate and not required. It serves no purpose other than dividing people.

JZ must get with the programme. Why can these oldies not keep up? :D

You need to get with the programme, when JZ dances on stage and starts chanting he's not trying to appeal to white sensibilities, he's going straight for the jugular- shack dwellers, those living in hostels and whoever feels that the New South Africa aka The Revolution has been "corrupted" by the BEE elite who flaunt their wealth in Sandton while the life of the masses has seen little improvement. What he won't say is that the ANC has been in charge for the last 15 years and he served as deputy president without making much noise.

Alan

Honorary Master
only that what this Peter Idiot wrote is nothing new or novel.

To a South African maybe but not a Brit.

But I digress,

Zim was rich in resources as well

-We have great wheather

So does Zim

-We were able to transit from a state of near civil war to a peaceful
transition (lots of work remain here)

So did Zim

So did Zim. They weren't called Africa's breadbasket for nothing

Mugabe had noumerous honoury doctrates and a knighthood. Nobel laureates loved Mugabe just look at my sig

So did Zim. Ever heard of Victoria Falls?

So did Zim

Obviously Zim is landlocked

Again Vic Falls

-Other people trust & believe in us so much that they let us host the Rugby WC, ICC Cricket WC, ICC Champs Trophy, IPL, Fifa WC...

Hey finally one difference. Well done

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Reading that article, one has to be clinically delusional to be raising such utterly stupid 'reasons' for a positive outcome in SA.
The weather? Excuse me - is this an argument between 5 year olds hoping it won't rain during an outing?

What part of political awareness and adulthood did the person arguing, miss out on?

- natural resources mean NOTHING. It doesn't help the individual citizen at all. It never helped that there was gold in SA - just like it doesnt help the DRC that there's massive mineral resources there. There's total warfare going on in the DRC, but gee, as long as there's 'resources' this somehow means its 'safe'?

- world class companies? (Right, like Telkom?) And the companies who can, have already moved, diversified and/or started targeting the larger global market and getting the hell out.

- friendly,warm-spirited people. Yes its true, but so what? The same can be said for just about anywhere in Africa - including Rwanda before the genocide. That's not a good enough reason to face the high probability of sudden brutal senseless death.

-Some of the best tourist attractions in the world./ We have world class game parks/national/private.
Yeah, and so what? Most people can't afford it, and are too wary about traveling.

I sit here with open windows and no crime issues. No walls around properties in this entire town.
Like most everywhere else in the West. Its called 'peace' and 'freedom' - something SA doesn't have any more.

People arguing for 'staying' sound very much like those in 1930's pre-war Nazi Germany, who stupidly chose to believe 'that everything would turn out fine.'

Listing weather and friendly people, and moth-eaten animals, and corporations, and gold that other people own, as 'positives' -
when day to day life forces you to hide behind high walls and alarm systems, is perhaps the most profoundly ignorant, dangerous,
and deluded thing I've ever heard.

Its an argument for what is, in effect, a form of suicide. Statistically, its just a matter of time for those who haven't been affected yet by 'crime.'

Some things aren't worth waiting for. ( That's not to say that emigration is fun, or pleasant, or even nice - but it sure beats facing violence
and having to pretend that living like a prisoner equals 'a life.' )

Last edited:

Emjay

Honorary Master
The way I see it is if no one complains, nothing will change.

The ANC will remain in power until all the people who were involved in the liberation have died or moved along and once the general population has been educated.

Emjay

Honorary Master
LoneGunman, I think we are wasting our breath. I knew larrychang was going to post what he did, hence my post stating:

R13...

Honorary Master
People, I am answering MaryJane
not indulging yr inability to see thru the haze!

Alan, what is yr point? - every country in the world has most of the thngs I list not just Zim.

and LoneGunman - those are not reasons for a +ve outcome in SA, just what is good about this country now. there are millions of reasons why that is so. your ability to read is obviously a bit limited to say the least.

R13...

Honorary Master
LoneGunman, I think we are wasting our breath. I knew larrychang was going to post what he did, hence my post stating:
I don't maybe I will visit & look for similaraties.
And are you saying what I have is untrue or what?
Please try to debate with sense not emotion - maybe someone you love has been a victim of crime I don't know. If so I am sorry, but pls get sum counselling & emigrate. No pnt staying if you have inside info of the impending armageddon, I am a Thomas unfortunately.

blunomore

Honorary Master
I don't maybe I will visit & look for similaraties.
And are you saying what I have is untrue or what?
Please try to debate with sense not emotion - maybe someone you love has been a victim of crime I don't know. If so I am sorry, but pls get sum counselling & emigrate. No pnt staying if you have inside info of the impending armageddon, I am a Thomas unfortunately.

OMG, Charles Nqakula, is this you???

Emjay

Honorary Master
What exactly are you arguing about larrychang? That we whine too much?

And no where have I stated that SA is Zim 2.0 or it is the end of the world as we know it. I am complaining because we should not be living like we are. But it seems that a whitey like me is more aware of our problems than you are, a middle class black person. Or you are aware of the issues but still defend the ANC's actions?

Last edited:

semiautomatix

Honorary Master

But I digress,
-We have great wheather
-We were able to transit from a state of near civil war to a peaceful transition (lots of work remain here)

Of which all three had to boycott the Peace Conference thanks to this country kowtowing to Cathay.

One a side not, here's a little ditty:

"Whether the weather be fine,
Whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather,
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not."

R13...

Honorary Master
What exactly are you arguing about larrychang? That we whine too much?

And no where have I stated that SA is Zim 2.0 or it is the end of the world as we know it. I am complaining because we should not be living like we are. But it seems that a whitey like me is more aware of our problems than you are, a middle class black person. Or you are aware of the issues but still defend the ANC's actions?

Mary I must unreservedly apologise to you for my earlier comment to you. In the heat of the moment I mistook yr comment 4 one of the others. Your argument makes sense.

And you are absolutely right, we should be living behind walls & elec fences. We shud be able to walk our dogs in the parks without looking over our shoulders. And I am well aware of the crime & corruption situation here. I just get real frustrated by people who b&@^# about how it can't be saved & how we shud all join the chicken run & leave a living country to the vultures.

For the record I do not believe JZ is fit to govern his own family - let alone a whole country. His morals are questionable & he's in too many peoples pockets to be effective even when he does become prez. Just this morning I was very infuriated by a news story that the MEC for health in KZN believes accounting officers shud be political appointments so that their allegiance can be known. This fat b.... is the one facing charges over the purchase of med equipment for 100s of % over fair price from her buddies! She's a JZ supporter & a believe in beetroot.

/I have nothing to say to the grammar nazi that will not get me banned!

Last edited:

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Mary I must unreservedly apologise to you for my earlier comment to you. In the heat of the moment I mistook yr comment 4 one of the others. Your argument makes sense.

And you are absolutely right, we shouldn't ;) be living behind walls & elec fences. We shud be able to walk our dogs in the parks without looking over our shoulders. And I am well aware of the crime & corruption situation here. I just get real frustrated by people who b&@^# about how it can't be saved & how we shud all join the chicken run & leave a living country to the vultures.

For the record I do not believe JZ is fit to govern his own family - let alone a whole country. His morals are questionable & he's in too many peoples pockets to be effective even when he does become prez. Just this morning I was very infuriated by a news story that the MEC for health in KZN believes accounting officers shud be political appointments so that their allegiance can be known. This fat b.... is the one facing charges over the purchase of med equipment for 100s of % over fair price from her buddies! She's a JZ supporter & a believe in beetroot.

/I have nothing to say to the grammar nazi that will not get me banned!

I think Enron tried the same approach. But when you are the government you probably can get away with it, after all Zuma & co think they're the smartest guys in the room.