Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 shot down over Tehran

Jola

Honorary Master
So they claim that they thought that it was a cruise missile, after watching this large aircraft taking off from one of their own airfields, and rapidly increasing height, the opposite of what a cruise missile would do.

What utter BS is this, they are lying.

I don't believe that any missile operator can possibly be that stupid.

Or can they ?

And Iran wants nuclear missiles ???

Norrad

So they claim that they thought that it was a cruise missile, after watching this large aircraft taking off from one of their own airfields, and rapidly increasing height, the opposite of what a cruise missile would do.

Or can they ?

Now I know the resident troll will say BS blah blah and who knows perhaps Iran is lying. But... Just to correct a fact here... Cruise missiles abruptly increase altitude just before they hit so that their onboard systems can get an accurate lock on the intended target. Nuclear and bunker buster ones have to climb up sharply to either detonate at a higher altitude as a nuke detonation is pointless on the ground and bunker buster ones need kinetic energy along with their warhead to penetrate reinforced concrete bunkers.

Jola

Honorary Master
Now I know the resident troll will say BS blah blah and who knows perhaps Iran are lying. But... Just to correct a fact here... Cruise missiles abruptly increase altitude just before they hit so that their onboard systems can get an accurate lock on the intended target. Nuclear and bunker buster ones have to climb up sharply to either detonate at a higher altitude as a nuke detonation is pointless on the ground and bunker buster ones need kinetic energy along with their warhead to penetrate reinforced concrete bunkers.
Yeah, after having just taken off from an Iranian airfield, sure all US cruise missiles do that !

All BS !

The incident where the Russians shot down the Malaysian airliner over the Ukraine is still understandable in a way, as high flying Ukrainian transports, which were their actual targets, did appear from time to time. Still incompetent, though.

This was very deliberate, too deliberate to be incompetence. But I suppose that stupidity has no bounds.

GotToLuveIT

Now I know the resident troll will say BS blah blah and who knows perhaps Iran is lying. But... Just to correct a fact here... Cruise missiles abruptly increase altitude just before they hit so that their onboard systems can get an accurate lock on the intended target. Nuclear and bunker buster ones have to climb up sharply to either detonate at a higher altitude as a nuke detonation is pointless on the ground and bunker buster ones need kinetic energy along with their warhead to penetrate reinforced concrete bunkers.
ROLF, as clueless as ever, all CALCM has already been retired by November 2019.

The actual JASSM terminal maneuver here at 02:53

Hardly news either, has been public knowledge since 2013.

zippy

Executive Member
Local AA units may not know the origin of an aircraft. They may just see something on the radar and because they have been warned by their superiors of a likely attack, they are on edge. They see this target heading a direction and they s###t themselves and civilians are killed. Not the first time it’s happened, and it won’t be the last. Just because it’s made in the USA or in Russia doesn’t mean the operators have an IQ over 10

In these times, before you get on a passenger airplane, check the route. Don’t fly into or over war zones.

You might also wanna check the make of the aircraft and the safety record of the airline :)

Jabulani22

Expert Member

Or can they ?

So you believe Iran shouldnt have nukes because of a mistake ?
How about the time the US nearly nuked itself by crashing a plane ?
Or the time their 3 mile island nearly did a Chernobyl ?
If we allow any nation to have nukes then nobody should be able to say the others cant , i mean in the end if Iran does nuke someone then the US has enough nukes to make that whole country into a glass farm.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Yes, exactly that, they are not reliable or trustworthy.
So you agree that then no nation is trustworthy because they all make mistakes ?
once the US and its allies denuclearise then they can hold the moral highground.

Jola

Honorary Master
Local AA units may not know the origin of an aircraft. They may just see something on the radar and because they have been warned by their superiors of a likely attack, they are on edge. They see this target heading a direction and they s###t themselves and civilians are killed. Not the first time it’s happened, and it won’t be the last. Just because it’s made in the USA or in Russia doesn’t mean the operators have an IQ over 10

In these times, before you get on a passenger airplane, check the route. Don’t fly into or over war zones.

You might also wanna check the make of the aircraft and the safety record of the airline :)
Yeah, but come on, large blip slowly ascending along a commercial airlines flight path away from an international airport, I mean, how stupid can you be ???

But yes, some precautions from the passengers would be in order. Not so easy to convince the airport staff that you don't want to board because the plane may be shot down, they may chuck you in jail.

Last edited:

Jola

Honorary Master
So you agree that then no nation is trustworthy because they all make mistakes ?
once the US and its allies denuclearise then they can hold the moral highground.
Some make real mistakes, and others make criminally negligent mistakes. Some mistakes are quite deliberate (Korean Airlines), and are not really mistakes.

End result is the same, I suppose.

SA destroyed its nuclear weapons, but we are still not trustworthy. Fortunately we don't really have the capacity to harm anyone else, we just shoot ourselves in the foot on a regular basis.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Some make real mistakes, and others make criminally negligent mistakes. Some mistakes are quite deliberate (Korean Airlines), and are not really mistakes.

End result is the same, I suppose.

SA destroyed its nuclear weapons, but we are still not trustworthy. Fortunately we don't really have the capacity to harm anyone else, we just shoot ourselves in the foot on a regular basis.
So state plainly whether or not you hold double standards , its best if your position is known on the whole issue of nukes .
Seems to me that Iran is being held to a much higher standard than China or any other nuclear capable nation , thats a tad unfair .

Sollie

Executive Member
Hey, I don't know boet, but some of them are a special kind of crazy.

Some countries have a rep for their good citizens wrapping explosives around themselves, going to places, shouting something then pressing a button. Then they're rewarded with virgins in heaven - or so I'm told.

That special kinda crazy makes me worried that some dude is going to think he can get a thousand times as many virgins if he does untold times more killing with a nuke.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Hey, I don't know boet, but some of them are a special kind of crazy.

Some countries have a rep for their good citizens wrapping explosives around themselves, going to places, shouting something then pressing a button. Then they're rewarded with virgins in heaven - or so I'm told.

That special kinda crazy makes me worried that some dude is going to think he can get a thousand times as many virgins if he does untold times more killing with a nuke.
Im with you on that , so the solution is for any country that wishes to invade Iran should just come out and openly say hey we just doing it because we plan on putting our own guys in this place to make money to fund our MIC.
Sorted , no need to lie and try BS people that its because they have bad guys as leaders or whatever , just say it plainly is my view.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Making mistakes does not make them untrustworthy.

The Islamic Republic of Iran knew that a major mistake was made and did their best to hide it from the world, ....until they reaslized that they've been exposed. They have apologized for their mistake of shooting down a passenger aircraft, but have not apologized for the lies.

Their citizens are protesting, not in response to the mistake, but for the lies.

Jabulani22

Expert Member

The Islamic Republic of Iran knew that a major mistake was made and did their best to hide it from the world, ....until they reaslized that they've been exposed. They have apologized for their mistake of shooting down a passenger aircraft, but have not apologized for the lies.

Their citizens are protesting, not in response to the mistake, but for the lies.
So Iran must not lie but other nations can ?
Double standards wont fly , if we hold them accountable then all should be , what makes them special that they get held to such high standards ?
Its because they will be invaded and it will be solely to install US/allied companies into power there and not for liberation.

TysonRoux

Executive Member

So Iran must not lie but other nations can ?
Yawn, ......
"Mistakes" didn't fit the agenda, so lets move to "lies", BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited: