Ukrainian & Russian military tactics

Correct, NATO's mandate is defense and security only. No offensive.
That said, sometimes an offensive is part of a defensive strategy?
Offense is the best Defence <- the motto of the US Galactic Empire

But why can Ukraine not just go bomb that convoy? When I saw the pictures of that convoy I thought Hitler will turn in his grave, it's so stupid, Russia just has no clue how to conduct a war.

But why can Ukraine not just go bomb that convoy? When I saw the pictures of that convoy I thought Hitler will turn in his grave, it's so stupid, Russia just has no clue how to conduct a war.

We are shown a convoy, there could be a lot more to it than meets the eye. The Russians also have multiple incursion points, this convoy being somewhere in between, of which there would be multiple convoys. They need to set up logistical support, establish advance bases, and this convoy being +40 km or however long it is as reported by Maxar could be indicative of Russia setting up a corridor, a corridor which may be supporting existing of people to Russia through Ukraine, distributing medical supplies, food, etc. It is possible that this convoy serves a humanitarian purpose... we don't know.

Then, we also don't know the strength of Russia's anti-air defence network and the rate at which they can intercept missiles, neither do we know if Ukraine is capable of shelling the convoy or is in range of doing so.

The biggest Russian movements are happening in the South. This particular convoy I believe is somewhere close to Kyiv.

We are shown a convoy, there could be a lot more to it than meets the eye. The Russians also have multiple incursion points, this convoy being somewhere in between, of which there would be multiple convoys. They need to set up logistical support, establish advance bases, and this convoy being +40 km or however long it is as reported by Maxar could be indicative of Russia setting up a corridor, a corridor which may be supporting existing of people to Russia through Ukraine, distributing medical supplies, food, etc. It is possible that this convoy serves a humanitarian purpose... we don't know.

Then, we also don't know the strength of Russia's anti-air defence network and the rate at which they can intercept missiles, neither do we know if Ukraine is capable of shelling the convoy or is in range of doing so.

The biggest Russian movements are happening in the South. This particular convoy I believe is somewhere close to Kyiv.
Fair point, all I know is this is a failed invasion, they lost the shock value, should have just worked from the tried and tested Blitzkrieg play book Ukraine would have fallen in a day.

Ukraine can yeah. Not sure why they not. It seems both sides are playing it safe-ish.

I think we've become too used to the us way of war which is to bomb everything to dust and then make huge profits out of reconstruction deals.

Putin is very aware of the close genetic ties between russia and ukraine and has ordered a campaign with the minimum of destruction and loss of life. The west is very critical of how long it is taking and the russian casualties but show me another nation (israel being one example) of a country prepared to put it;s own troops on the line in this way.

I think we've become too used to the us way of war which is to bomb everything to dust and then make huge profits out of reconstruction deals.

Putin is very aware of the close genetic ties between russia and ukraine and has ordered a campaign with the minimum of destruction and loss of life. The west is very critical of how long it is taking and the russian casualties but show me another nation (israel being one example) of a country prepared to put it;s own troops on the line in this way.

Dude... Like.. For real?

No, the campaign was poorly coordinated. They're bombing cities like any aggressor would. If they were better prepared, they would have done far worse damage to the buildings.

...tactics.

letting violent prisoners out in to public to fight a war sounds like a great tactical plan, not desperate at all, what could go wrong. but hey at least there will be more pictures for social media to write some story next to it.

Back