Unable to blacklist the phone for a month!

juliab223

My phone was stolen on 31 July 2016 on the same day, I logged a call with Cell c to blacklist the phone. The agent told me it will take up to 48 hours to do that, as it needs to go to the back office. I was leaving the country on 02 August 2016 and up to that date didn't hear any response from Cell c. The alternative number that was given to Cell C to contact regarding the result, wasn't contacted either. When I came back back to the country on 29 August 2016, I called Cell C again, when they tell me they couldn't blacklist the phone because of the insufficient information was given (nevermind them not bothering to contact on the alternative number). Case was reopened again, just to hear today they couldn't open a case because I need to go to the store to do this process! So, it took you a month to realise this?! What a pathetic service you give, Cell C! And very incompetent stuff thats working there! Where in your live it takes a whole month to black list YOUR OWN cell phone!

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
My phone was stolen on 31 July 2016 on the same day, I logged a call with Cell c to blacklist the phone. The agent told me it will take up to 48 hours to do that, as it needs to go to the back office. I was leaving the country on 02 August 2016 and up to that date didn't hear any response from Cell c. The alternative number that was given to Cell C to contact regarding the result, wasn't contacted either. When I came back back to the country on 29 August 2016, I called Cell C again, when they tell me they couldn't blacklist the phone because of the insufficient information was given (nevermind them not bothering to contact on the alternative number). Case was reopened again, just to hear today they couldn't open a case because I need to go to the store to do this process! So, it took you a month to realise this?! What a pathetic service you give, Cell C! And very incompetent stuff thats working there! Where in your live it takes a whole month to black list YOUR OWN cell phone!
Hi juliab223

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please PM your number + reference number, we will assist.

^BM

MissAthena

Good Day,

My daughter lost her phone, unfortunately i am getting the CellC customer service questions incorrectly, such as last caller etc. I went to the nearest Cell C store to get the ITC number thereafter and i was told i can't get the number until the person who registered the sim card personally calls customer care or come back to the store with their ID. The person who rica'd the sim no longer lives in south africa and i have no access to his ID or whereabouts.

Can anyone assist me to blacklist this phone and help me receive an ITC number?

Thanks

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Good Day,

My daughter lost her phone, unfortunately i am getting the CellC customer service questions incorrectly, such as last caller etc. I went to the nearest Cell C store to get the ITC number thereafter and i was told i can't get the number until the person who registered the sim card personally calls customer care or come back to the store with their ID. The person who rica'd the sim no longer lives in south africa and i have no access to his ID or whereabouts.

Thanks
Just ignore it and get a new number.
There is no support/service from companies these days due to the COVID-19 excuse.

The phone could be marked as stolen, but it's completely possible that someone could bypass the block and get the phone up and running again.

Depending on your daughter's age, it may be better to RICA a new sim on her details. If she's too young, just do it on your name.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Thank you, although i need the ITC number to claim from insurance.
No easy fix then.
Try to track the person that made the original RICA. Maybe check Facebook.

If you can't contact him/her then you need to discuss it with your insurer.

MissAthena

I have done all the above....still need the number unfortunately. But thanks for your input.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I have done all the above....still need the number unfortunately. But thanks for your input.
It seems more that you have a bad insurance policy. Any proper insurer would have processed the claim in your favour.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good Day,

Thanks
Good day MissAthena

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

Please send us the Cell C number in question + the number we can reach you daughter via "Private Message" and we will assist with blacklisting her device.

^NZ