Unable to connect to any Black Ops lobby

willemo

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, so please excuse if I am posting to the wrong forum/category.

I bought Black ops for my XBOX last week, but have not been able to find a single lobby. My game just sits on the connecting screen, telling me there are "50 available sessions, checking game quality..." and eventually just times out.

XBox live works fine. And I have set up port forwarding as described on portforward.com. I have a Billion Bipac 7300A ADSL Firewall Router (firewall turned off).

I was wondering if my ADSL connection is too slow to play Black Ops? I have a 384Kbs connection from Telkom, with a 10GB Unshaped Afrihost account.

Any thoughts?

Note that I have played a private match with another friend in Cape Town and the game performed well. I have also played Street Fighter on XBox live with minimal lag.

PS: On speedtest.net my download speed is 0.29Mbs and my upload speed is 0.09Mbs.

Please help! :crying:

Slaught3r

Expert Member
Welcome willemo, Not sure how different the setup is between XBOX and PC, but try refreshing the search screen. That usually works for me - but that is PC though... Sorry I can't be of more help.

code

Hi Willemo,

Look at this thread. The guy has the same issue as you. It would also be the correct sub-forum for you to post XBOX related questions.

HF & GL.