Unable to get 1-grid / gridhost / serve to transfer (release) domain

stoneagetechie

Help!!!

Has anyone else had experience transferring a dotcom domain AWAY from 1-grid / gridhost / serve / whatever they are calling themselves this year? We have been trying since July to get them to release our domain, which we recently found out is actually registered with enom (they don't even know of / have access to the registrant address)... and shoot me in the knee and call me Sally if we can get this right.

Between gridhost telling us they have NOT received a transfer request (tickets from afrihost to prove it's been sent); to them delaying sending the auth code to force us into a new billing month; to this evening point blank lying on the call with us, we are at our wit's end.

They (1grid/gridhost) didn't even know that they wouldn't receive a transfer authorisation request email if afrihost entered the epp code to start the transfer.... Enom had to tell them this... In front of us... Which means that the stalling tactic they've been using for at least a week of "we haven't received the transfer email" is absolute BS.

I'm no techie, as you can tell by my username, but even the tech company handling the tfr says they've never encountered such rubbish. I'm convinced gridhost are trying to force us into another billing month, but ultimately they're holding our FULLY PAID domain hostage with their I efficiency.

Any advice? Is there a registrar or ombud I can escalate this to? Some kind of legal route I can take? Tx.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Have you contacted enom for assistance?

That would be your first start, then get in touch with opensrs (the registrar that afrihost use for tld’s)

Between those two companies you may find a little more help than what you have experienced.

stoneagetechie

Have you contacted enom for assistance?

That would be your first start, then get in touch with opensrs (the registrar that afrihost use for tld’s)

Between those two companies you may find a little more help than what you have experienced.
Thanks Jade. I've contacted enom - they won't help me because I'm not the reseller. Will check out opensrs. Appreciate it.

lowriderza

Thanks Jade. I've contacted enom - they won't help me because I'm not the reseller. Will check out opensrs. Appreciate it.
I don't know if this will help, but I had a simmilar issue with a reseller and initially they Supplier wanted nothing to do with me. I then showed them emails that proved their reseller was not delivering a service and not responding to queries. It took them a few days but when they couldn't get hold of the reseller themselves they released the domain to us.

stoneagetechie

I don't know if this will help, but I had a simmilar issue with a reseller and initially they Supplier wanted nothing to do with me. I then showed them emails that proved their reseller was not delivering a service and not responding to queries. It took them a few days but when they couldn't get hold of the reseller themselves they released the domain to us.
Thanks @lowriderza. Will try that tomorrow too. Appreciate the help

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Enom will be able to help, you need to make them aware that their reseller is not assisting.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
If you don’t come right today then pm me and perhaps we can get 1-grid to push the domain to our enom account and you can then transfer your domain out to afrihost

envo

Expert Member
@Jade @ ZA Domains will try again, last chat I had with them (Monday) they told me outright they cannot deal with me as I am not the reseller - even after I explained that gridhost appear to be doing everything in their power to stall and not assist.
Your use of the words "doing everything in their power to stall and not assist" is what is throwing their support team off and them refusing to help. You should pretend support are 2 year-old's (because some lack the mental capacity to process English as they're more than likely not a native speaker)

You should have said "Gridhost is refusing to assist, and this is my domain which I already paid for"

stoneagetechie

Your use of the words "doing everything in their power to stall and not assist" is what is throwing their support team off and them refusing to help. You should pretend support are 2 year-old's (because some lack the mental capacity to process English as they're more than likely not a native speaker)

You should have said "Gridhost is refusing to assist, and this is my domain which I already paid for"
@envo yoyr suggestion is the near-exact phrase I used, except I added the June 2020 date that the domain is paid up until ;)

stoneagetechie

@Jade @ ZA Domains looks like progress! Just waiting to hear back but seems like after multiple requests to enom yesterday, things might be moving. Will update this thread as soon as I can confirm. Thanks so much for the help