Unabridged marriage certificate - where to apply?

Sputnik100

This is what an "unabridged" marriage certificate looks like. It was used for visa/emigration purposes. Can't remember exactly how long it took, but I remember it was very quick (day or two). It was at Paarl Home Affairs. Issued in 2013 before the change quoted in post #19. Seems to me that "unabridged" was just an unnecessary word. It used to contain the names, ID numbers, dates and place and type of marriage and I'm sure the "new order" certificates contain exactly the same info. Even the handwritten ones given by your minister contain the same info.

With birth certificates, abridged certificates don't have the parents' details on whereas the unabridged ones cite them.

Capture.JPG

BloodBurner9000

Was R750 per application, and R250 for courier to my office door (of both documents in a single envelope to my office, not per document).

Edit: was price quoted November 2018. Monies paid beginning of December 2018, first document was ready (at their office in Durban) end of January 2019, second, end of February 2019.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Was R750 per application, and R250 for courier to my office door (of both documents in a single envelope to my office, not per document).

Edit: was price quoted November 2018. Monies paid beginning of December 2018, first document was ready (at their office in Durban) end of January 2019, second, end of February 2019.
Wow that's not bad.